I bite my lip while I'm trying to figure out my next move. I just wonder what's going to happen with Vicky's case now. I'm sure the authorities are trying to follow up on any lead they can. They might even interview me, again.

"She came in here just a while ago, talking about some 'honey, I'm home'. And she keeps mumbling something about ash. I didn't know what the hell she was talking about. Cigarette ash? I don't know."

"She mentioned Ash, huh?" I made sure to keep the same even tone I had, so as not to alert Jade that I knew exactly what Chris meant. I glanced over at Priest and noticed that she had a bit of a worried look on her face. She must have come to the same conclusion that I had-- that Chris had plans for Ash and it wasn't going to be good.

"Yeah. She gave me a peck on the cheek and then she left again. Seemed like she was on a mission. Do you know what she might be talking about?"

"No."

"Oh, okay. I thought you might've heard something through the grapevine."
So, after that, we said our goodbyes and hung up. I looked at Priest, who looked like she wanted me to expand more on the details of the call.

"Basically, Chris is looking for Ash and I don't think it's to have a couple beers."

"You know what? We're not gonna let her little tantrum run your life. Let's not even think about it. We've been under too much stress. You know what we need? Fun. What are you doing tomorrow?"

I shrug. "I was just gonna turn in the paperwork to trademark the business. Why?"

"Wait a minute, you still haven't had a real party for Britt yet, right?"
"Technically, yeah— it was at home. She kept acting up too much to have it at SkyZone, like she wanted. Then she had a fit in school the weekend before we were gonna have the second birthday party. After we told her that she'd gotten another party cancelled, she has been good ever since then." I say, chuckling.

"Let's bring the whole fam out for a day of fun, and call it part two of Britt's birthday— this weekend. Let's go to Tina & Louise's! Dave & Busters have some stiff competition." she says.

"Tina & Louise, huh? Sounds familiar." I say, thinking about it.

"Oh, really? Anyways, yeah, you bring your sisters, and I'll bring Wynn. Obviously Kady is gonna be MIA, but hopefully she appreciates me & Wynn being there."

I nod my head in agreement. "She definitely will. I know I will."

__

I was sitting outside of the restaurant when Wynn came outside to my car just to greet me and my sisters.

"Oh, my God, Britt!" she exclaims as she runs to the car. She opens the back door while Britt is rushing to take her seatbelt off. "Hi!!" Britt exclaims, hopping on Wynn after she is free from the seatbelt. Wynn slams the door while Britt basically clings to her like a Koala.

Joey looks at them like they are strange. She turns to me. "What is wrong with your sister?"

"Jealous?" taunts Britt. Joey only rolls her eyes. "What's up, Wynn?"

"Hey, girl, how's it going?" she replies.

"It's going."