Wattpad Original
There is 1 more free part

Chapter 3

She had been close this time

She had been close this time. For once she wasn't being a snarky brat. It almost felt like old times.

I wasn't lying when I told her I cared. But I also knew whatever I had to offer, wasn't enough. I had to get some leverage on her. If I couldn't convince her, I had to force her.

One way or another she was coming home. The only person I could use against her was Seth, but he didn't seem to fear for the afterlife of his mother or for the life of his father.

No leverage there either. And his father was loyal to me because he thought I could end his beloved son's life. There wasn't much I could do with the souls who had already entered Paradise. Some rules were unbreakable, so he knew his lover was safe.

The old man had been pretty clever there. I'd give him that. Still hated his guts though. Ending him hadn't been nearly as satisfying as I had thought it would be.

It annoyed me how much I actually cared about Tiny, and how that clouded my judgement. I didn't care about anybody else than her. To be perfectly honest, I just wanted her back so I could stop being so damned worried. I longed for her, every time she ignored me, desperately trying to get her to talk to me. And her show with the hybrid had pissed me royally off.

I wanted him dead. More than usual. Ever since I had heard she had teamed up with him, I had been so happy... And then things escalated.

I was so sure, she wouldn't venture into anything like that other girl, but she had plunged herself into the exact same shit again. God of Love indeed.

It was probably my fault. I had made a mistake giving her the freedom of being a person. I should just have done as my father had instructed. Make a shell that can guide the souls. But I was young and curious. I wanted to see what it was like to make a life.

Actual life. And I watched her with pride. Her own personality grew. But then things went to shit. She met that girl, stole the recipe for immortality and ended up not coming back to Paradise for 200 years. I had, of course, kept my eye on her. She was good at hiding, but hiding from me was almost impossible for her.

Except now. I had combed the earth, and I still wasn't closer to finding her. The angels were absolutely useless too. I didn't know if they were actively trying to cover for Tiny and that disgusting hybrid, or if they were actually useless. It felt like they were covering for them sometimes, but I was probably getting paranoid.

I closed the front door behind me. Walking helped me clear my head, so I took a lot of walks. I had the biggest piece of Paradise now, so I could just change the landscape every time I needed a change of scenery.

And I wouldn't have to actually leave home. I was beginning to understand why my father rarely left his house. But not really. He lived alone, and I had Kindle wandering around. I couldn't contain a snort when I imagined his face if he had ever caught us. It wasn't like it was a new thing. She was the one who sought me out so many years ago.