Prologue

Vote
Comment
Share
Enjoy!

"THIS IS YOUR BEAST TO KILL!" Screamed the disgruntled Iceman shouting over the crashing waves of the ocean. They stood defiant at the rocks of the mighty volcano, peering over the ocean they knew their secret weapon was hiding.

The fire clan shouted in fury at the cowardice of the ice people. "We are all being slaughtered! NO ONE WILL SURVIVE THIS DRACO'S REIGN" another fire person bellowed above the rest. Their nose flaring as they stepped in front of the Iceman.

The two groups shouted, shifting blame of what side of the spectrum the mighty beast dormant within the volcano belonged to. They all were dying from the sacrifices to keep the mighty beast at peace. The volcano began to rumble signifying its hungry state.

They all looked up in fear, then turned towards each other in a determined glare. "If you claim to have a defense, we are willing to compromise! We will no longer wage war against each other!" A fire person clad with gladiator garments.

The ice people looked back out at the sea with fear in their eyes. "Our beast is no hero... it is no draco, BUT it will kill us all the same as well." An ice woman spoke with doubt. "There is no guarantee this will work..." she trailed off.

"We ALL may die today off our reckless planning with these fire people rushing into danger!" Another ice person shouted with accusation dropping from his voice, making it clear of who would be at fault if something bad were to happen.

"What other choice do we have?" Another pled. The volcano began to rumble in aggressive force, and all doubt shifted to panic in the ice people's eyes. An Ice person quickly ran to the ocean, ripping their arm off before diving into the unforgiving sea.

The scene between was hard to follow between them awaiting the demonic Draco's angry arrival, and the bleeding out Ice person's body spreading quickly in the vast sea, causing the crashing waves to swirl and rise higher than ever before.

The ice person looked up with fiercely pained eyes, seemingly suspecting their overall end. Back at the volcano, talons grasped the mouth's rim of the volcano. Scraping the crusted layer of the mighty mountainous vent, they heard the powerful growls erupt from the beast within.

The screams of the ice person who jumped in the sea is what brought the attention back to the scene unfolding before the fire people's eyes. So this was how they summoned the creature? Realization set in on why the ice people were reluctant to use this measure. They did not want to sacrifice their own kind.

But they knew, they all knew the Draco must be stopped. Options were running out. The option they turned to seemed to be a devastation of its own though. As they gazed upon its might stature, the beast emerged from the oceans waves with the blood of its victim still prevalent on its claws.

The silver liquid that dropped from the teeth hid any evidence of blood that may have smeared its mouth. It swam near the shore swiftly, and stood tall in the shallow waters. It's hunched over frame did nothing to hide its grand form. Fear was obvious in all of the soldiers on both sides.

"M-M-Monster..." a fire person breathed in horror. The monster shifted its almost glowing eyes to the helpless person in agitation. It's agitation was known as it let out an angry growl through its sharp jaws towards the foolish bystander.

Just as it made a move to rip apart its insulting victim, a thunderous roar pierced the sky, causing its attention to shift to the top of the volcano where the Draco emerged. When the powerful roar finished, the monster was entranced by its greatness. Never had it seen such a being so grand.

The fire and ice people scattered to safer grounds as the monsters took notice upon each other. Both showing curiosity in their scrutinizing glare. The Draco's wings stretched out to show case its grand feature before flying down to the ground to level itself with the monstrous being that stood before it.

The monsters chest puffed before it began pacing back and forth slowly, all the while keeping its gaze upon the Draco. It's wings rustled in the waves that moved around him. With its last final stride, it saw the Draco bare its teeth in its direction, which spurred the monster in action.

It glides towards the dragon with its wings folded down to its sides, piercing through the night air. It moved so fast, that the Draco was distracted off amazement of its speed. Once it grabbed ahold of the shocked Draco, it flew up towards the night sky in a spiral like fashion. The Draco's wings spread as it roared its blazing fire, pushing the monster back, regaining its powerful stance.

The monster had not fell back to the sea they hovered over, but steadied itself with its grand wings flapping rapidly to gain composure of its stance. The monster stared back at the dragon that charged toward it with rage seeping off its features.

It's talons spread with licks of Flames following suit, only to come down slashing deep into the monsters chest. The monster looked down in amazement, for no creature had been able to pierce it, let alone be strong enough to fight back. The claw of the Draco had grasped into the monster's shoulder, its talons digging deep.

Flinging the monster into the oceans waters, the Draco roared in anger at the night sky with fire bursting through its throat for the thought any beast could possibly match it. It believed itself the supreme being. Why would anything ever fool itself thinking such an absurdity could ever be possible?

Mid-thought, the beast was yanked by the ankle, and swung around, being thrown into the volcano's shore. The monster rushed to the thrown body, quickly grabbing its scaly wrist, running full speed up the volcanic mountain side.

The Draco growled in agitation at its handling, gaining some type of momentum to swing the monster around, making it lose footing as the Draco bit into the monsters forearm.

The monster finally released an angry growl that erupted its throat. It swung it's still Draco-latched on arm into the volcanic mountainside repeatedly until the Draco released it. It took that opportunity to grab the Draco by the throat, and flew the rest of the way.

Once the monster made it to the top, the Draco managed to let out a fiery roar past it's choked gasps, this releasing the monsters hold on its throat. It flew to the other side of the vent, and peered over the steam erupting from
The volcano's abyss. The Draco's anger stirred the volcanic temperament, having the volcano rumble in suspense of what was to come next.

The two creatures stared each other down fiercely, neither one showing fear of the other, the bystanders long forgotten, but still watching from afar to see the end result. They needed to know if the Draco would be finished. Their lives depended upon such knowledge.

Before they could comprehend it, the two mighty creatures charged into action in what seemed to be a battle to the death. What else was their fate in such a circumstance? Both were obviously curious of the others existence, but neither wanted to back down from the fight to admit defeat. Fire and ice soaring about to counter attacks.

As their claws clashed and their teeth clanked, they both wondered was this the ultimate fate when two predators would have to meet? Even if they were on the same level, even when the longer both lasted, the more they gained respect for the other. The battle they had was everlasting with no end in sight.

As if their thoughts were shouted and reached at the same moment, they both halted their next move, simultaneously thinking the plaguing question that's been running through their mind since this whole fiasco started.

"Who are you?"

(A/N: Ok, so for those who have read this book far before I uploaded this prologue, I'm sooooo sorry. 😭😭😭 I was going to upload this with this being told the story from long ago, but you know. This seemed like such a better placement. But for the new readers, sit back, relax and enjoy the show... or story. :) ah yes, and please please please, if you're digging this book, and want to make it big and popular so I can try for a movie many millennia later, then vote like your life depends on it. 😩😫🙏🏽 thank you. Commentary and sharing are welcome alike! New chapter coming soon. ☺️