11

We both sat in the back corner of the diner in silence, both of us sipping coffee. When the food came neither of us said anything except for small thank yous to our waitress. In all fairness I wasn't really sure what to say to him now. I never really pegged him for a couch sex kind of guy or a 'one night stand' kind of guy either. It was odd to think of, but was it a casual thing? Like friends with benefits? I sat in thought trying to eat my pancakes when he cleared his throat, causing me to look up at him.

"How's your food?"

"It's good, and yours?"

"Good."

I nodded in response and looked back down at my plate.

"Y/N."

"Yeah?"

"Will you look at me?"

I put my fork against my plate and brought my gaze to his.

"I know you probably don't want to talk about what happened before we left but I also don't want you to get any crazy ideas. I live a dangerous life​, you could get hurt, just being around me."

I just stared at him for a second. I've been hanging around him for how long? And now that we've fucked he thinks I'll get ideas?

"It doesn't really bother me Frank. It was a casual thing, and I get it. I still plan on helping you do whatever it is you need help with. You can't scare me off that easily."

"Good, good."

He dropped his gaze and continued eating. I did the same. The silence between us was a little more comfortable now that we got that out of the way. I couldn't help think about it though. What if it happened again? I wouldn't necessarily be opposed because it was a good feeling, having him near me and somewhat vulnerable. I guess I was just drawn to dangerous people, huh? I checked my phone time, it showed that it had been almost an hour since Matt called and I still had to walk home. I motioned for the waitress and asked for the check. When she brought it over I set the tab on the table and stood up.

"Make sure you tip good okay?"

He looked up at me and nodded.

"When are you coming back?"

"I have your number and I know where you live. I'll come back, don't worry. Just don't die before I do."

He laughed a little and I walked away, out the door, down the street towards home.