8

After three months into living with Matt I had met up with the punisher almost three to five times a week. I always told Matt I was going for a run or a walk around the city when really I was meeting Frank castle. We always did something different but also sort of the same. He would walk me through what he had found already and pieced together about various gangs. Since I agreed to help his cause and all, almost abandoning mine completely. He also agreed to train me to fight more (outside Matt's training), and shoot a plethora of guns. I was just glad that Matt couldn't actually see me because he would be furious at the amount of cuts and bruises I had littering my body at this point. Not that it would be much different from me having to shut my mouth everytime he stumbled through the door after a 'night on the town.' especially those days when he came home damn near close to bleeding out.

That was another thing that I was getting progressively good at. I had patched both men up so many times I should have been able to register as a nurse. I found little ways to keep wounds from bleeding too much, and how a trained physician would stitch someone up. It was true that I was patching Frank up more than Matt but it was good practice for when Matt came home with the biggest gash in his side that I'd ever seen.

Currently I was on my way to Frank's house, the sun was setting and the air in the kitchen was dense. It was humid and warm which made everything feel sticky around you even when walking by yourself. The traffic moved slowly down the street but the people following the sidewalk couldnt care less. They made their ways down as fast as they could, to get wherever it was they were going. The same almost went for me as well. I was hell-bent on getting to his place, not for any reason in particular I just felt useful when I was with him. He almost always needed me for something g and it felt good to get out of the house. When I got to his house I let myself in and found him sitting on the couch surrounded by papers.

"I thought I gave you that key for emergencies."

He didn't even look away from the paper when he spoke.

"I'm just eager that's all. I promise I wont abuse the privilege of owning your spare key."

It was a little sarcastic but He looked up at me and smirked.

"Hey maybe it'll be good for both of us that you do..... Come here, I've been going through stuff all night."

I sat next to him on the couch and he relayed what he had found to me. He spoke with a sort of.....passion? I wasn't sure, he spoke so strongly, ready to take in the world. When he stopped talking to look at me all he found was me staring at him. He almost blushed a little under my gaze but when he looked away all I could do was nudge his leg with my own. At some point we had gotten closer and I wasn't sure if it was him or me that moved.