The Reaper's Death

"Are you sure that we can just fly in?" Hiccup asked.

"We won't be doing that, exactly," Halvard explained, "Bertil here will follow their scent. And once we find the village we will get an aerial view."

"Okay, "Hiccup agreed. The two Chiefs flew in silence for a few minutes, but a question was pushing itself on Hiccup. He had to ask it. "Umm...Sir? Do you know why the Night Furies didn't come back?"

Halvard sighed, "My people have asked that question for a very long time. Migration is a natural instinct to animals. The only thing I can think of is that something must of happened to their summer home."

"Any ideas on what?" Hiccup asked.

"Well, we don't know where they're summer home is," Halvard explained, "We've never bothered to follow them because we believed that they would come back. So it could of been anything; natural disaster, humans,...maybe they all got killed..." The last option sent dread through them both; they prayed that it wasn't what happened.

Aicutter glanced over at Toothless. The Night Fury's eyes showed worry, sadness, and not much hope. 'If that last one is true...'

'We don't know that yet,' Aircutter flew closer, 'Besides, even if it is there is still you, Raven, her family, and...the eggs. Your species isn't dead just yet.'

Toothless smiled at the titan; thankful for the kind words. 'Yeah,' Toothless shook off the sadness, 'This world is big so maybe-' Suddenly Toothless halted midair and perked his ears up.

"W-Whoa!" Hiccup braced himself, "What is Toothless?"

Toothless' ears twitched as it listened, 'A dragon...in trouble...' Then Toothless' eyes widened when he realized what dragon it was. He turned his head to Hiccup, joy in his eyes, 'A Night Fury!'

"Really!?" Hiccup's heart jumped at the thought of another Night Fury. Toothless then shot off too the right in search of the dragon; completely forgetting about Luna and Astrid. Aircutter and Bertil quickly followed them.

O

The boat sailed on for another hour before reaching a dock. Luna and Astrid heard the men up top stomping around. "I hope that we didn't get them on a bad day," Astrid whispered to Luna.

"Atac de dragon!" Multiple whistles were heard and the boat rocked as the sound of explosions filled the girls ears. {Dragon attack!}

"Dragon attack?" Luna listened more carefully, "Wait...those whistles..."

Another explosion rocked the boat; loosening the muzzle on Tracker. She positioned her head directly behind her Rider and fired a small flame. The fire burned away the rope that tied her. Then Tracker repostioned and burned away the rope that tied Astrid. The girls jumped up. "Alright, I don't know what's going on, but let's find the keys, free our dragons, then get the heck out here!"

"Best plan I've heard all day!" Astrid and Luna ran for the door. They rammed the door open, but stopped dead in their tracks; stunned by what they saw. The Roman village they had been taken to was under dragon attack; by Night Furies!

"Holy..." Astrid watched as the dragons burned down the buildings and dodge nets.

"I've...never seen so many...t-there must be hundreds of Night Furies..." Luna just stared at the chaos before her.

And then, amidst the fire and smoke, a loud, earth shaking roar caught everyone's attention. "La Reaper's moarte! Uite!" {The Reaper's Death! Look out!"}