Heir to the Tribe of the Night Warriors

Change will have the same schedule as Mistake; a chapter every Tuesday and Saturday. I should also say that Change is going to be MUCH shorter than the first three stories.

O

Astrid walked through the village, admiring the new buildings. It had only been three months, but the events involving Drago Bludvist felt like a distant dream. She stopped for a moment to look up at the newly made statue of Stoick the Vast. Hiccup ordered for it to be build a week into repairs. It looked amazing sitting up next to the Great Hall. The sun had come up not that long ago and Astrid was returning from a "before morning" walk. She turned and walked to her house. She opens the door. "Dad?" her father was sitting alone at the dinner table.

"There you are Astrid," he smiled, "You took off much earlier this morning than usual. Come, sit down. I have some wonderful news."

"Oookay?" Astrid hesitated; the last time they had "news" for her she ended up as a slave. "What is it?" she sat down, "Where's mom?"

"She's out back giving Stormy a bath," He explained. Her dad looked at her with all of the joy in the world; maybe this news wasn't to bad? "You know how Hiccup left last night for the Annual Treaty Signin' with the Beserkers?" he asked.

"Yeah, I can't believe that it's that time of the year already."

"Well, he stopped by here before left," he explained, "He took me quit by surprise if I'm honest. Hiccup asked for your hand in marriage."

Astrids heart skipped a beat as she jumped from her seat. "Really!?" she nearly shrieked.

"Yes he did," her father smiled, "You'll be married in three months times."

"I can't believe it!" Astrid hugged her father than kissed him on the cheek, "Thank you!"

He chuckled, "I'm glad that your happy with this one."

Astrid ran out of the house with more energy than she's ever had in her life. She rounded her house and found her mother just finishing the bath. "Mom! Mom! Mom!"

Her mother turned around. "Well I can see that he's told you," she chuckled.

'Told her what?' Stormy cocked his head.

Astrid hugged her dragon, she had so much energy suddenly, "Hiccup and I are getting married!"

Stormy lit up, 'Alright! That's great!'

Astrid patted her dragon then took off into the Village.

"Whoa now!"her mother called out to her, "Where are you going now?"

"To my friends!" Astrid yelled back.

"Okay, but don't go tell he entire village! That's Hiccups job for when he gets back!"

Astrid rolled her eyes, "Fiiiine!" Then she took off again.

O

Hiccup and Toothless flew over the open sea back to Berk. The Singin' had gone well and Hiccup was happy to see the buildings all rebuilt. Sharpshot, Hiccups Terrible Terror, was curled up in front of Hiccup, snoozing away. "So Toothless," Hiccup yawned a little, "How's Raven?"

'Eh, grumpy,' Toothless sighed, 'She's been demanding fish all the time. I thought I was the Alpha!?'

Hiccup laughed, "Have you figured out why?"

'Mmm...no. She really won't let anyone touch her.'