Point Pleasant

The day before the trip to Point Pleasant I asked my boyfriend to check the weather on his iPhone. I wanted to make sure the weather would be perfect for the beach day. Jeremy couldn't break the news to me, so he showed me the app's prediction was thunder storms. I glared at the weather channel app with a disappointed look on my face. Jeremy asked if I still wanted to go tomorrow.

"I'm not going to let some thunderstorm or clouds scare me, " I answered without fear.

"Okay good. I like going to beach when it's cloudy anyways." my boyfriend smiled.

"Why?"

"I like how the sun shines down on the beach lightly. I also like when clouds block the sun's rays and chase away all the annoying crowds."

I agreed with Jeremy, hoping for a remarkable day at the beach.

Jeremy describes me the following ways: I'm the kind of girl who loves having a good time; I never let anything get in the way of enjoying life. My idea of fun during the summer is appreciating the outdoors. I could care less about the weather. The beach is my favorite place to soak in the sun's rays and breathe in fresh air.

The morning came quicker than I thought it would. I wake up earlier than everyone else like a little Jersey girl would on a beach day. Jeremy heard me running around getting the beach stuff together as he laid half asleep in bed. He told me that my running around sounded like a little mouse scuffling around the room trying to be as quiet as possible.

When I had everything ready, I shouted, "Jeremy, time to get up!"

"Okay, Kimmi," Jeremy shouted from his comfortable king size bed.

It took both of us to wake up Sarah, Jeremy's little sister then we hopped in the car to pick up Alex, a mutual friend. Alex lived only a few blocks down from Jeremy's house, so I gave her a wake up call. We picked Alex up then started the forty-five minute drive to Point Pleasant. As Jeremy drove his girlfriend's silver Jeep, he watched the clouds closing in on them. Jeremy acted as if he were too tried to pay attention to us girls, but his eyes wouldn't stop looking at the massive cotton balls in the sky.

When we arrived in Point Pleasant, I noticed that nothing had changed here. It's still the same old beach my boyfriend and I remembered. Jeremy pulled into the first parking lot he saw and parked as close as he could to the shore. The parking lot didn't have too many cars filling up the spots because of the weather forecast. Jeremy and I slipped the cost of the parking fee, which turned out to be eight dollars, into the little moneybox. We had to pay for parking because Point Pleasant is one of the few beaches that doesn't have free lots. After I put the ticket on my mirror, we walked across the road toward the beach.

The boardwalk looked beaten up with the holes and missing pieces in the wood, but still welcoming. The sun wasn't out, but I personally love cloudy beach days because the sand and boardwalk isn't as crowded with teens trying to avoid their family or little kids running around.

A worker greeted us at the beach pass stand, "Just so you know, there's going to be a thunderstorm today."

I quickly said, "We know. How much for the passes?"

"Oh ,okay," answered the elderly lady. "It's eight dollars for each person."

Jeremy and I had to pay for the two girls because they hadn't listened and forgot their money. He handed thirty-two dollars to the worker and she passed me the cloth badges. The older lady told as to have fun while the weather was still nice.

We picked a spot behind the huge lifeguard chair.

I swear the lifeguard chair looked as if it touched the sky from below. The lifeguards always looked godly compared to the visitors.