8.

I can't tell if she's crying or not, or whether it's just the rain from outside but the pout on her lips tells me she's unhappy. I frown at that. "Are you going to invite me in or do I have to confess my love for you first?"

"You done that already." I tell her, referring to the night before last when we got drunk in a random parking lot. She rolls her watery eyes at me and enters my dorm when I move out of the way for her. My roommate is out tonight, like every other student on a Friday night. "Why are you crying, Sylvie?" I ask.

"I-I was on my way here. Ry - a guy stopped me."

I place my hands either side of her face and make her look at me, wiping the water from beneath her baby blues. "What happened Sylvie?"

"He started shouting things at me, blaming me for things an...and then tried to.." she pauses to squeeze her eyes closed and let her head fall onto my chest, as if exhausted.

"What did he try to do Sylvie?" I ask forcefully.

She shakes herself out of my grip and heads to the door, shaking her head. "I shouldn't have come here, it's not your problem. Forget about it."

I grab her elbow and turn her back around with a stern glare on my face. "Tell me what the fuck happened Sylvie or I swear to-"

"He tried to force himself onto me, h-he got so far but I managed to run. I got free I-It's okay now." Bullshit it was okay now, it wasn't and we both know that.

I kiss the top of her head and sit her down on the edge of my bed, crouching down to look her. She tucks her wet hair behind her ear and wipes her nose. "You know who he is, don't you? Tell me."

She knows not to fuck about. She knows I'm angry. She knows that fucker is about to get what he deserves.

"R..Ryan, Ryan uh..shit, I forgot his second name," She pauses for a few moments, shaking her head. "Phoenix don't do anything you'll regret, don't be stupid. The fire almost got you kicked out, this might end you for good."

Oakland. Ryan Oakland. The son of one of the chairmen of the college. She's afraid the asshole will go running to his dad and get me kicked out. I set the science lab on fire last week and that earned me a nasty warning, but who gives a fuck?

"Ryan Oakland. That's the bastard, isn't it?" She nods.

"Phoenix don't-"

"I'm not going to sit back and let this slide over Sylvie. That bastards getting what he deserves, even if that means getting kicked out. I don't care about college - I care about you." She pushes herself to her feet and hugs me tightly.

"You're fucking fool Phoenix."