24: THE END

5 months later

It's been a long and exhausting five months of going back and forth in court. The police officers were found guilty and sentenced to jail. Their time will be nothing but hell, serving with men they helped put in there.

I've gained two friends out of this terrible situation. We bonded over what happened to us and even went to therapy together. It helps to know I'm not alone. We've talked about how that day changed our lives forever, and even though we're scared for life it's made us stronger.

The courts ruled in our favor as well and we received two million dollars for pain and suffering. I have a permanent limp now from when they beat and stomped me multiple times. My hospital bills have been paid off and I've been accepted into college far away from here.

Diamond and Chanel's irritating asses are still by my side. I'm thankful for them, especially Diamond. We've been through some stuff and even though we fell off we always seemed to get back where we needed to be. Since we've met there were times where I was broken and needed a friend, and vice versa.

Today was the day I left North Carolina for good and probably will never come back. California will be my new home and I am so excited. The good thing about this move is warmer weather and the beach. A smile crept up on my face as I thought about the new life I was about to create.

Chanel

I'm exhausted to say the least. Going through this whole trial with Gio was eye opening and very informative. I knew that there were bad cops, but I didn't think I'd see it first hand. There was so much information that came out, the whole department should be shut down. Needless to say Gio and those other guys got the justice they deserved, and a very big check.

Today he's moving to the west coast. I'm proud and happy for him. He needs a chance to start over and meet some new people. Diamond and I will always support him from afar.

My mom is back to her old ways so I'm pretty much on my own. If it wasn't for Diamond, her mom or brother I probably would've had a mental breakdown by now. They've kept me grounded and in place. Since she's no longer fulfilling her motherly duties I'm moving in with Diamond, but not here in North Carolina. We are packing up and moving to New York City. Jermaine wants to open up his own dance studio and why not open one in the biggest artistic states of them all. I'm excited for this move and can't wait to see what New York is all about.

Diamond

Today is bitter sweet. Gio is moving to California with his mom while Chanel, my mom and brother are moving to New York City with me. I'll miss his big headed ass but he'll always be one phone call away.

It's crazy and ironic how at the start of all this I didn't want to move. I hated meeting new people and I hated starting over. Now I've met two solid friends that will forever be in my life. They've been with me through some wild times, especially Gio. He was the first person to embrace and welcome me and he also was my first love.

He walked over to me with a smile on his face. His hair in a low bun and a hat over his head. He looked just as good as when we first met. All of our memories came flooding back and I just knew I was about to cry. He cupped my face and laughed.

"You're such a baby. We'll see each other real soon. Don't cry."

I rolled my eyes and a few tears fell down. Gio quickly wiped them away and pulled me in for a hug. He smelled so good, wearing my favorite cologne. I didn't want to let go but we both had flights to catch. He kissed me on my forehead, looked me in my eyes and said "Thanks for loving me, even when I was broken." We parted ways and went to start our new lives, in new cities, with new people.

******

Sooooo this is the end!!

How did I do?

I tried to end it on a happy note haha.

As always Comment, Vote & Share!