13

11:30pm

It's almost time for the ball to drop. We're at a restaurant nearby and I must say it's so many people here, drunk, high and in between. Diamond has been ready to go since we got here. My poor baby isn't a social butterfly sometimes. Her mom and my mom are lit as hell and off doing god knows what. Jermaine stayed back to chill and talk with us.

"So love birds" he started off. Diamond shook her head already dead'ing the conversation.

"Why you shaking ya head sis?"

She rolled her eyes. Clearly she needs a hot shower and bed.

"Nothing. What you finna ask?"

He laughed and shook his head. He's used to her little attitude especially when she's tired, hungry or sleepy. In this case it's probably a mixture of all three. With her picky taste in foods she didn't want anything from here. All she ever eats is McDonald's fries.

"Ima just cut straight to it" he started off. I knew exactly where this was going. "Y'all having sex?"

Diamond's eyes rolled so hard I thought they were going to pop out her head. All I did was laugh. I found it funny how even though they claimed to trust us they still needed reassurance that we were doing what we said we were.

"No with ya irritating ass. When this ball gone drop cause I'm ready to go" she said.

I just rubbed her back and tried to calm her down. The only time she acts like this is when it's that time of the month so I'm assuming it is.

11:59

"10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1, Happy New Year!" Everyone screamed.

People who had significant others pulled them in for a kiss and the ones who didn't took a shot of their preferred liquor.

"Gimme kiss baby."

I looked down at Diamond and puckered my lips. She halfway smiled and got up on her tip toes to kiss me back.

"I love your mean ass" I whispered.

She laughed and said it back. Now that we've seen the ball drop we were going to head back to the hotel. Jermaine decided to stay with our moms so nothing would happen to them.

"I'm so happy we only have a ten minute walk cause if it was more you'd be carrying me" she said looking up.

I looked down at her with disbelief. "Nah baby the devil a whole lie. You'd be carrying me."

She pushed me in the shoulder and laughed. I grabbed her hand and intertwined my fingers with hers. We were almost to the hotel when she saw this henna spot that stayed open until 2am.

"Oohh baby I wanna go?" She whined.

I rolled my eyes at how quick her mood changed. I swear sometimes I think she's bipolar. I shrugged my shoulders and led her into the store. This tall woman came from the back and greeted us with a smile. Diamond told her she wanted henna on her hand. She sat down and let the lady do work.