She activates the PA system to respond, “My people are loyal to me Torrig. Not a single one of them would consider joining up with a disgusting Nazi like you. They would rather die with honour than live under the yoke of you and your master. Love the new look by the way, it’s a big improvement on the scribbled mess you used to call a face. Your outside finally matches your inside.”

Torrig had almost forgotten how much he hates the Japanese. He smashes the camera to bits and shrieks at the top of his lungs, “You fucking nips never learn! All right bitch, if that's how you want it.” Raising his hands above his head, he hisses at the surrounding mongrels and stomps his feet. They stampede off down the hallway yipping, in search of more enemies to mangle. Torrig barks into his radio, “Send in the girls. Let's really get this party going.”

Two small slender Latina women are carried in by Torrig's subordinates. The vampires place the girls gingerly on the ground and then run for their lives. The ladies speak to Torrig in harmonic unison, “What is it you need, vampire? Shall we en thrall the masses or incite them?”

Torrig produces a breathing apparatus from his jacket and puts it on. He can’t risk being caught in the influence of the tractatori, “En thrall them. I want the lazy eyed bitch and her followers compliant for the time being. For some reason, Kagan wants her alive.”

They bow slightly to him, “As you wish.” Standing back to back, the girls begin hyperventilating in tandem. Drool pours from their mouths and pools on the floor at their feet. Cloaks of a thick, shimmering mist waft out of them, obscuring the girls from view. A sickly sweet scent dominates the air as the cloud spreads out into the hallway. Vampires caught in the cloud fall into a pleasant intoxicated stupor and lose all desire to fight back against the advancing horde.

With no resistance, the mongrels are free to take their time butchering every living thing they come across. Numerous victims are flayed and eaten still alive, laughing as loudly as their killers while it happens. They feel the pain, they smell their own blood, but are compelled to enjoy it. Enjoy it to the point of total sexual elation. The screams that echo through the base are a disturbing symphony of torturous agony and orgasmic delight.

The carnage has a profound impact on Mitsuru. Her troops are losing ground and mongrels are still pouring in, “God damn it! They've got succubi with them too? Is the whole fucking world coming down on us at once? Close all the internal partitions. We have to try and contain the vapour.”

Jean can smell the panic beginning to overtake Mitsuru. She paces back and forth through the war room biting her nails and muttering under her breath. A profound realization materializes in his mind, “Look at yourself. You've never been present at a battle before have you? Being on the front lines is quite far removed from sitting in a tent twenty miles away sipping sake isn't it?”

Holding her head in her hands, she sobs, “Yes. Natsuko was always there to handle the role of field commander. Now of all times she chooses to go gallivanting off on some wild goose chase and leaves me here with a flea bitten dog for a bodyguard. We're all going to die-I just know it.”

He slaps her across the face and looks her in the eyes, “Stop your blubbering woman. Listen to me. If the partitions are closed, for now the mongrels can't go any further. You said earlier you could vent nerve gas into the hallways. Saturate the hallways with the gas.” The press of a button and the deed is done. Gas floods the corridors and the twin smoke machines drop to the ground gasping for air. Bloody tears stream down their faces like a crimson waterfall. A few painful twitches later, both girls have expired. With the succubi lying dead, their mist ceases spreading. The damage is done and those affected will take time to recover. Time is something they do not have.