Chapter 31

Kaiden's POV:
"Let's just work this out with them okay?" One of the men from the back suggested to Francis.

"How can you possibly work this out? They want us dead," Anthony replied, tossing his arms in the air.

"Kaiden," one of the women who was nursing a baby called out to me.

"Yes?" I responded, trying with all my might not to look down.

"Marry the girl already. Please," she pleaded.

I didn't know her name, nor who she was married to, but I assumed she knew what was going on.

"You can make all of this go away if you just marry the stupid brat. It's not like you'll be seeing her that much anyways. She belongs to the Royal Shadows, not the Diamond Bloods," the lady informed me, brushing a lock of her red hair out of her face.

I took a deep sigh, nodding my head slowly, showing I comprehended.

"She's not wrong," Tag blurted out.

"Call Montgomery," Francis ordered Tag, "We're going to get this all straightened out and set a wedding date for Kaiden and Stephanie."

I remained quiet as I sat on one of the couches with a beer in my hand. I took a long drink as Tag went to contact Victor Montgomery. It only took a couple of seconds before Tag walked in grinning.

"He's on his way. But I suggest you keep a snipper on the look out just in case he tries to pull anything today."

"Excellent," Francis grinned before turning towards me, "Buy yourself a tux young man, you're going to be getting married soon."

"How do you know it'll even work," I mumbled aggressively.

"Trust me, I have my ways."

I drank the rest of my beer before tossing it in the trash.

"Give me a gun," I spoke to Anthony, who was on the phone with a girl.

Anthony, annoyed at my interruption, grabbed a gun from against the wall and tossed it to me. I loaded it just as Richard walked up to me.

"What are you doing there son," Richard looked at me confused.

"I need to go shoot something," I mumbled as I finished loading the gun.

"Alright, just don't get caught. We don't need you going to prison," Richard patted me on the back before walking away.

I chuckled at his remark as I left the safehouse and drove away in my car. I didn't know where I was going, but I somehow ended up at a forest. I parked my car and got out. I walked around, listening to the animals of the forest make sounds. I pulled out my pocket knife and took a seat against a tree bark. I began carving random out-of-place patterns on the tree, watching the tree shavings slowly float down to the ground.

The wind began to pick up, making the day much colder than it already was. Just as I was about to close my eyes, I heard a twig snap from a short distance away. Immediately, I grabbed my gun, taking off the safety. I slowly got up from the ground, the gun in my right hand and the knife in my left.

I began to walk back to the car, making sure to make the littlest noise possible. Just as I was about to make a turn, I heard a twig snap from not that far behind me. I turned around to find a person wandering the forest. The man seemed to be familiar, but he was too far for me to make out his facial features.

Just as I was about to turn around, I noticed the man turned towards me. Logan James.

"Jesus Christ, I thought you were your dad," Logan commented as he walked towards me, "I was just about to shoot you."