Chapter 19 (Tuesday)

Rachel's POV:
"You idiot," I laughed as Daniel rubbed his head.

"How the hell was I supposed to know you were going to just throw your locker open?" Daniel groaned as he rubbed his bump from where my locker hit him.

"And that's why you don't stand so close," I commented as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"Whatever," Daniel rolled his eyes, "come on let's go before we run out of time."

"Alright hang on."

I quickly replaced my afternoon books with the books I needed to bring home and slammed my locker shut. Daniel offered to drive me home after I told him how I even made it to school today.

"You seem pretty fine considering you decided to drink your problems away last night," Daniel commented.

"Well I'm hanging in there."

We began to walk towards the doors of the school.

"Hey I was thinking," Daniel began, "since you don't have to be home for a while maybe we could, you know, just hang for a while," Daniel shrugged his shoulders.

"What do you mean by hang?" I asked.

"Just hang somewhere. Unless you want to just go home right away then that's cool too."

I thought about the offer right in front of me.

"Sure. Where do you want to go?" I asked as we made it to his car.

"Well first I want to go to McDonald's because I'm starving," Daniel laughed as he unlocked the car.

"Okay after that?" I laughed as I entered the car.

"Guess we'll find out and see," Daniel reversed the car from his parking spot and drove out of the parking lot.

We drove to the nearest McDonald's and entered. After ordering our food and being served, we found an empty table. The restaurant was pretty packed considering most of them just got out of school for the day.

"You sure your parents don't mind you being out?" Daniel asked as he tossed a French fry into his mouth.

"My parents aren't even home," I replied as I took a bite of my burger.

"Where are they?"

"I have absolutely no idea."

Daniel nodded his head, "what about your brothers?"

"They're not home either," I shrugged my shoulders.

"Why the hell is there never anyone at your house?" Daniel laughed jokingly.

"They all have lives," I giggled, "can't really relate."

Daniel laughed, causing him to choke on his fifth French fry. He grabbed his soda and chugged it down.

"I almost died there," Daniel's eyes went wide.

"You survived," I chuckled before taking one of his fries.

I looked behind me and noticed two familiar girls, Brooke and Maddison, Stephanie's best friends. They were whispering to each other as they looked back and forth between Daniel and I.

"Can't believe she's hanging out with him again."

"What did he ever see in her?"

"Just wait until we tell Stephanie she moved on from Kaiden to her ex."

Their whispering was pretty loud but somehow went over Daniel's head.