Dragon Mating Season (Part 2)

"It's true. We don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
First Person P.O.V
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I knew I didn't have long before Gajeel traced me down if he did follow, but I got the feeling that he was. I made it through the bookstore, not finding anything, and quickly rushed off to the library. I hoped that the library would have it or honestly I was screwed.

Suddenly, when I entered the library, I got this feeling that someone was watching me. Instinctly, I got this feeling that I knew who it was and going off that I knew it had to be Gajeel. Knowing this, I managed to trip over my own feet while rushing to the section I thought the book would be in. He was watching and he was near. That had me knowing that I didn't have time to stop and ask.

I placed on my glasses so I could search for the book faster. Just like mu gut told me Gajeel was approaching, I got the feeling that the book was here. Just as I gripped onto the book, something gripped onto my shoulders.

I couldn't even force myself to scream because the touch seemed to relax me, make me feel safe. Knowing that I craned her neck backwards to look into his face. A gasp escaped my lips when I noticed his appearance change.

There were steel-like scales forming on his face and his eyes seemed to glow a silver color. The longer I looked at him, the more I noticed the strange look in his eyes. I couldn't identify it, but it was so intense that it caused my cheeks to be tinged in a faint pink. It brought upon emotions that I liked to pretend that I didn't have.

"Gajeel, can you let go of me?" I asked out a bit shyly once I stumbled over my words over an unexpected nervousness. Instead of actually get words out of me, he just growled seemingly in a manner of no. Soon enough I found myself tossed over his shoulder. I didn't even feel like struggling since I knew it wasn't worth it. He could quite literally be made out of steel. Taking this time I opened up the book and began to read after flipping it quickly to the section on dragon slayers after finding it in the table of contents. Hallelujah there had been a table of contents.

Dragon Slayers
   Dragon slayers have been raised by dragons in a way to survive so being so close to dragons, it isn't surprising that these people would adopt the dragons' ways. Some things being the dragons' mating season. In some ways it is more intense for the slayers due to their mates not having the instincts of the slayer or dragon.

   Now do not be concerned unless you end up being the mate. Once a slayer locates his or her mate, the mating season Instinctly kicks in full force. How you know you are a dragon Slater's mate is when they suddenly become more touchy and try to carry you away. They will also be more welcoming to you compared to others since they'll find everyone else a threat to their mate and to themself since they feel like they'll try to take you away.

   Do not worry, the dragon slayers' season only occurs every two hundred years. A signal it is starting though is when all the slayers congregate and seem more aggressive then usual.

   One important warning is to never-

Before I could read the warning, I dropped the book when Gajeel started to pick up his pace. I let out a strew of curses as I now began to struggle. That book was basically my lifeline now since I put together two and two that I was Gajeel's mate.

"Gajeel, I swear that if you don't put me down right now, I refuse to be your mate. I'll run away with someone else." As soon as those words escaped my lips, I regretted them. Soon enough I was pressed against the bricks of a building out of view from people.

I could identify the fear and anger in his eyes as his growling changed into words. "You will not leave me for another person. You are mine. My mate. Only mine." Even though he was speaking, his voice still had the gravelly tone of a growl.

When his lips pressed against my neck, I instantly tensed. This did not feel good, in a way meaning I knew something was going to lead to it. Of course his actions sent shivers down my spine. "Lu-chan." I cried out suddenly and as soon as I did, Gajeel had been knocked to the ground. Standing there were six girls and one boy, them being Romeo, Lucy, Mirajane, Kinana, Yukino, and Kagura.

Assuming, due to the numbers, they were the other dragon slayers' mates. I was still stunned so Lucy quickly grabbed my hand, pulling me away from Gajeel. Once we got a good amount away from Gajeel, I heard a loud growl that resounded through the town and then continued further when others began. "Shit."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Hello, hello, hello. Here is part two of the Dragon Mating Season. I have been in a writing mood so I decided why not do a mass update before summer starts even though I'd have more time once summer starts. I hope you enjoyed this part. :)

Also hope you don't mind the quote at the beginning of this. I may start putting quotes at the beginning of each new GaLe part.