I Bring The Party, Sumner!

Today was the big day, well Rebecca's and Deryn's big day anyway. I had arranged with Shane that, as Paisley, Deryn and I only have one car between us, and Paisley had taken it to Rebecca's to get ready as she was a bridesmaid and Deryn was getting picked up early to go to the church, Shane would pick me up at about one in the afternoon to arrive at the ceremony on time.

I rolled out of bed at about half ten, drowsily shoving my feet into my slippers and wandering to the kitchen to get a coffee. I didn't really feel like breakfast at all so I shuffled back into my room to begin making myself presentable.

It was near enough half twelve when I was finished getting ready. My hair curled and pinned delicately to one side, dark winged eyeliner and black lipstick adorned my face and the outfit was finished off nicely with my coffin handbag and studded platforms. I was excited, not only do I love weddings but I get to spend the whole day with Shane which makes it even better. I walked, less than gracefully in these heels, to the living room and sat down to watch an episode of Steven Universe before Shane picked me up.

- SHANE -

I looked at the clock before adjusting my hair just a little more. The numbers blinked 01:14 at me and I felt my stomach drop slightly. I was late, not even factoring in the travelling time and traffic. "No," I muttered. "No, no, no!" I quickly grabbed my wallet, phone and the keys to the van, quickly yelling a strangled 'goodbye' to Drew and Luke who were sat watching Top Gear.

I was glad neither Brett's house or the church were that far away otherwise this could have ended up a lot worse. By the time I arrived at Brett's I was almost twenty minutes late. I rapped my knuckles on the door of her apartment, shifting from foot to foot and rubbing my hands together to try and encourage some sort of warmth back into them, it was oddly cold for September. She opened the door and let out what looked like a sigh of relief. She smiled softly and exited her apartment, locking the door behind her. Brett looked beautiful, as per usual, dark make-up complimenting her porcelain complexion perfectly. "You look amazing." I stated as we walked back to the van. She blushed, tucking her hair behind her ear. "Thank you, you're looking rather dashing yourself might I add." Brett grinned, sliding into the passenger seat of the van as I held the door for her. I felt a small rush of heat flood to my cheeks and I thanked her quietly, turning the keys in the ignition and beginning to make our way to the ceremony at last

The journey was mostly silent, the sound of Metallica buzzing in the background. "I didn't think you were coming." Brett said quietly, trailing off slightly, sadness clouding her voice. I frowned, wanting nothing more than to tell her I would never pass up an opportunity to be with her, that I wish she was by my side everyday and that I could call her mine. However I bit my tongue, not quite knowing how to vocalise my thoughts. "I'm sorry, I didn't realise what the time was. I woke up late because I was up most of the night practicing." I explained lamely, feeling bad for causing her any doubt. She smiled softly, showing her front teeth slightly. "It's okay, I'm just a worrier is all. I'm glad you came though." She continued, waving it off.

Luckily we pulled up at the church on time and got a seat in the back of the church, there were loads of people here a few of the women at the front, the bride and grooms family, were already in tears as their son or future son made his way to the altar. I heard Brett sniffle beside me, I turned and raised an eyebrow at her. "Weddings really get me okay? Also, he's my bestfriend, I'm happy for him." She justified defiantly, crossing her arms in fake annoyance. "I didn't realise you were a total sap for this kind of stuff." I teased. She hit me playfully in the arm, her glossy black lips parted in a wide smile. "I don't have a total heart of stone, shock horror!" She giggled, winking at me in an almost flirty manor.

Towards the end of the ceremony I glanced towards Brett and she was dabbing her eyes with a damp, mascara ridden tissue, I chuckled softly, taking the hand that was lying in her lap in mine. I laced my fingers with hers and squeezed her hand softly she gazed up at me through her eyelashes, offering a breathy laugh and a watery grin. Her attention quickly turned back to the marriage of her best friend in time to see him kiss his new wife. We stood up, still hand in hand, as the bride and groom walked down the isle and out of the church. "I'm so happy for them!" Brett enthused, leaning into me as we followed them out of the church. "Me too." I agreed, just as she dropped my hand and sped towards Deryn to congratulate him, I hung back, admiring the way her hair billowed in the wind and her gorgeous smile as she laughed and the swirling confetti engulfing the whole scene. I really had fallen for this girl. Adjusting my hair carefully as I walked over to join her, Deryn and the best man.