40. What should I do?

ابدأ من البداية

"Okay, I think it's French toast," Farshad said.

"Correct," I said, giving him a thumbs up for getting it right.

"How did you know that's my favourite breakfast?" Farshad asked.

"Because at the hotels in the U.A.E, you'd always have it for breakfast, and besides, Umniyah once told me that your favourite breakfast consisted of French toast," I answered.

"Aliyah, just how much did Umniyah tell you about me?" Farshad asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Enough," I said, grinning cheekily.

"Enough?" Farshad questioned.

"Enough for me to know all about your likes and dislikes, your hobbies, your passions, your habits, your childhood memories, and all that," I said.

"That's really creepy. It's almost like having a stalker," Farshad said, looking pleasantly appalled.

"Don't blame me! She always used to bring you up in our conversations!" I said, shrugging.

"To be honest, I don't even want to know what else she told you about me. And let's just say that I'm glad you became my wife because I can't imagine you knowing so much about me if you wouldn't be married to me!" Farshad said.

"Is that the only reason you're glad I became your wife?" I asked, feigning hurt.

"Aliyah, every reason I can think of points to why I'm glad you became my wife!" Farshad said, making me smile.

"Anyway, let me serve the food, then we should make a move. I don't want you to miss your bus, or even keep Muhammad waiting," I said, leaving the bedroom and entering the kitchen to bring the breakfast.

I laid the plated French toast and the teapot on the table and brought two cups and some cutlery. Farshad came and sat and I sat next to him, as we ate our breakfast in a very comfortable silence.

Once we were done and Farshad helped me clear the dishes, we decided to leave. We got in Farshad's car and left the apartment complex.

"Aliyah," Farshad said once we had hit the road. "You'll be fine staying on your own, right? If not, you can go to my mum's. She and Ruqaiyah will be there."

"Well, you're right. I can do that. Okay, so after dropping you, I'll come home and pack some stuff then I can go there and be there till you get back," I said, liking the idea of spending some time with my mother and sister in law.

"And you'll drive yourself home once you've dropped me, and then you can drive to mum's place. I'm going to leave my car keys with you," Farshad said.

"Okay," I said.

"I don't feel like leaving you! I don't even have any idea when I'll get back!" Farshad said, glumly.

"It's alright! We'll keep in touch. And you won't be gone for too long, I'm sure! You'll get that guy behind bars real quick! I know you can do it, Farshad!" I said.

"I just hope so," Farshad replied, removing his one hand from the steering wheel and placing it on top of mine. I gave his hand a little comforting squeeze.

"Farshad, please take care of yourself, though. Muhammad is right, what you're about to do is dangerous, though I agree with you that you must do it. If this guy wants to take revenge on you for arresting his brother, he can do anything to you! He's a criminal!" I said, unable to hide the worry in my voice, which made my voice sound shakier than I had wanted it to be.

"Hey, hey! Don't you trust me? Everything will be fine, Aliyah!" Farshad said, gently. "I promise I'll be very careful!"

"You better be! Or I'll be the one you'll have to hide from then!" I said, cracking a smile.

"Wow! Threatening me already, dear wife?" Farshad joked, chuckling.

"Yeah, to keep you in line!" I replied.

Farshad pulled into the parking lot of the bus station, and got out of the car, before coming to my side of the car and opening the door for me so that I could also get out. Once we were both out and he locked the car, he handed me the keys.

"Feel free to drive yourself to wherever you want to go whilst I'm not here," he said

"Thanks," I replied, taking the keys from him.

We spotted Muhammad a short distance away from where we were and walked over to him.

"Assalamualaykum," Muhammad greeted as soon as we approached him.

"Wa'alaykumsalaam," we both replied.

"You guys just got here?" He asked Farshad.

"Yes, have you been here long?" Farshad questioned.

"Not really. I also just got here," Muhammad replied.

"Well, let's go get the bus tickets, shall we?" Farshad suggested.

"Sure," Muhammad nodded.

"Aliyah, will you come with us or wait here?" Farshad asked.

"You guys leave your luggage here for now, I'll just be here," I said.

"Alright, let's go, Muhammad," Farshad said, and he left with his brother to the ticket booth.

I was just standing with their luggage whilst looking in the direction of the ticket booth. There was a long queue and Farshad and Muhammad still had tons of people before them.

I was feeling a little thirsty and there was a small kiosk next to where I was standing, so I just walked the small distance to buy myself a bottle of water.

While I was waiting, there was a man who was lurking around the side, talking on his phone. I never eavesdropped conversations, but my luck was such that people always seemed to have their private conversations  really loudly around me, so I couldn't help but hear what he was saying.

"I know. They thought I wouldn't know, but I do my research," he said into his phone.

There was a pause before he said, "I found out. He was in that town for studies only. He's moved here, and I came here as soon as I found out. I just reached this town, I'm at the bus station, but you won't believe my luck! This guy also happens to be here! I'm not going to spare him, he jailed my brother, I'll do much worse to him!"

My jaw dropped, as my eyes widened.  What?! I couldn't believe it! This was the guy who wanted revenge?! I had to warn Farshad that this criminal guy who had sworn vengeance was here! At this very bus station!

After another pause, he said, "Do you really want to know? If you do, then fine. I'll tell you. I'll just shoot him! He messed up my life by jailing my brother, I'll mess up his family's life by killing him!"

I couldn't believe my ears! Why do these surreal things always seem to be happening to me? This man's words had horrified me beyond limits and I began to panic. What could I do? What should I do? I needed to warn my husband! I needed to save him!

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

What will happen now?

The twist in the tale was inevitable, people! A book is no book without twists!

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. It did have some Aliyah+Farshad moments as well as this serious plotting stuff!

Please vote and comment!