1. This is Aliyah we're talking about!

"Asiyah! Come on, help a sister out!" I heaved, while Asiyah, my younger sister, sat on my bed, laughing at my struggle.

"Who on earth told you to get such a heavy dress for your graduation?" Asiyah asked, raising her eyebrow at me, as I tried to force the zip of the dress up, in order to close it.

"First of all, you're only 15! You hardly know what people wear for their graduations! And second of all, it's not like I would pick such a dress for myself, either way!" I told her.

"Oh, come on, Aliyah! It's not like this is a university graduation! You've just completed A-levels so you're graduating from senior school basically! And wait, you mean to say you didn't get this dress?" Asiyah said.

"No dearest sis, I didn't. Asif did, and paid a ridiculous amount for it! So I have no choice but to wear it now!" I said, scowling. Mentally, I was planning on how to poison Asif's tea. Well, not really, but you get it. I was pissed off at him! I mean, I didn't even tell him to get me anything! Besides, it's every girl's dream to be able to go and pick her own dress for graduation! And that jerk went and ruined everything! Wait till I get my hands on him!

"Wait, wait! So why on earth did Asif even get you this dress?" Asiyah asked, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"You know Asif and his obsession with expensive clothes. He came to me with this dang expensive dress, telling me 'Aliyah, you have to wear this, because this will show your status as Zakir Hamid's daughter who is as good as a princess' and I just looked at him and told him 'do you think I'm a show off like you? I won't wear that dress because I'm not arrogant and it's not my type of a dress. I mean look at how heavy and uncomfortable it is!'. Then he told me the price he got that dress for and I gasped. And he was like 'see, now you have to wear it!'. Urgh, Asiyah if you see that boy, drag him to me so I can send him to his grave!" I ranted.

"Sorry, Aliyah! Next time, don't ever tell Asif to get you anything!" Asiyah said, coming and helping me to close the zip and adjust the dress.

I looked at her skeptically. "Do you really think that I told Asif to get me this dress? He got it himself without even asking for my permission!" I said.

Asiyah rolled her eyes. "Asif thinks he's all that! Designer clothes, and all, you know. He loves flaunting money, Astaghfirullah! Just because he is like that, why on earth does he also want you to show off?"

"You'll find the reason so ridiculous!" I told her, while I pinned on my hijab now that I was finally in that dress.

"What was it?" She asked.

"Just because you guys are all going to be coming, everyone is going to know that the Hamid family is present so he wants me to 'live up to our reputation as the royalty'," I replied.

"Asif is so narrow-minded! I really can't believe he's our brother and mum and dad's son! He's way too different!" Asiyah said, rolling her eyes again.

"Well, he's not the only one though. Arif is hardly any better!" I said, stepping back to look at my reflection in the full length mirror.

"I know. But no matter what, I really do love those guys, you know!" Asiyah said.

"Yeah. They might be arrogant brats and big-headed and pretty useless, but they have got big and good hearts," I replied. My brothers weren't as bad as people had labelled them to be, even though I knew they weren't all that good either.

"I know. Now, Aliyah, hurry up! You know your graduation starts in like two hours and you're still here! Get ready quickly!" Asiyah said.

"Asiyah?" I asked, making a puppy dog face and looking at my sister. "Please do my makeup?" I begged her.