Chapter 14

Jay

I ran into the police station and saw Beyoncé and a policeman talking. Cy'Cah was sitting on a chair with his head in his hands.

"What the fuck man!"I punched his shoulder.

"Jay!"Beyoncé held me back.

The minute I got the phone call that Cy'Cah had been arrested I wanted to kill him. Instead of sticking together as a family he was out stealing shit from shopping malls. Ma was worried as fuck when she heard Beyoncé on the phone. Cassie was too. Cy'Cah was only 14. The fuck he stealing for?

"Jay let's go talk,"I looked down at Beyoncé who was holding me away from Cy'Cah. Policemen were scattered around the reception. They all knew my name. They all thought I was gonna blast the whole station but I was hear to deal with my motherfucking brother.

I ignored Beyoncé and stepped out of the station. Her and Cy'Cah followed me. I turned to him with a dangerous look on my face.

"Why?"

"We need money."

"Nigga what you even steal?!"

"Shoes and jewellery."

"The fuck was going through your mind?! Did you actually think you could get away with Jordans and a Michael Kors watch without getting arrested?"

"It wasn't a pair of Jordans it was Yeezys and the watch was a Swarovski,"he corrected me and I reached for the nigga but Beyoncé held me back.

"You getting real smart my nigga. You better watch who the fuck you talking to,"I gritted my teeth.

"I did it for Ma! She needs the money and the shit you do ain't helping her! We can't let her die!"i saw his eyes water and for that I pulled him into a hug. Cy rarely cried. He was the baby boy and the closest to Ma out of us two. He didn't show his emotions like Cassie, Faith and Morocco did.

"You gotta leave the money shit to me Cy. How you think Ma gonna feel if you end up in jail? Come on man,"he pulled away and wiped his eyes. "Get into my car,"I gave him the keys and he walked to my car.

"What were you doing at the police station?"I turned to Beyoncé.

"I had to make a statement."

"What you make a statement about?"

"A theft I saw this afternoon,"she looked away. Something didn't seem right and Ma's words rung in my ear....

Flashback

"Shawn something ain't right about that Beyoncé woman. She's hiding something. Be careful of her."

End of Flashback

"Right,"I nodded.

"Jay I wanna help more. I can put some money towards your mom's treatment,"she sighed.

"Can't let you do that. Keep your money because we don't need it,"I shook my head.

"You don't have to be so stubborn Jay. I know you need help looking after your family. If I can't help with your mom then I can at least do more for your brother and sisters,"she looked genuine.

I did need help. I had some shit to shift and some other things but I was a soccer mom carting this sibling here and that sibling there. My head was all over the place. We didn't had any family and Ty Ty was in Dubai.

"Let's go home. I can tell you're tired. Where are the others?"

"They're still at the hospital. Imma let them stay there and imma drop Cy'Cah off because I got some business to do."

"I'll go home and cook dinner for us all then."

"Aight. Cheers Beyoncé."

"No problem,"she smiled flexing her dimples. I watched her walk to her car. Her ass was juicy as fuck. Jeans so tight I could see loose change.