Chapter 26: The Return of Farmer Steve (And EnderGurl)

Probably going to be the shortest one yet... (Song is How to Save A Life by The Fray)

CaptainSparklez:

Jordan held his breath when Titanite appeared before the small group. His eye was redder than ever, and his fists were balled up, as if he was about to punch through a wall. Jordan took a step back and felt Max's presence behind him. He glanced over at Al, who didn't care about Titanite, he was still looking at Farmer Steve, who laid down on the ground.

Speaking of which, Jordan couldn't believe Martha was gone. I mean, they were fighting like an old married couple for the past few days, but...

"Martha..." he mumbled.

"What did you say?" Titanite asked, sharply.

Jordan expanded his eyes, realizing what he said. "Nothing!" he said, quickly.

"He said, 'Martha'," Tom said.

"I wish you were dead..." Jordan thought.

He watched as the God stepped before him, standing only a few inches from him. Titanite was about 2 feet taller than Jordan, and 1 foot 4 inches taller than Mot, him being the tallest one in the group, so Titanite looking down at him made him feel rather scared. What can you say, Gods are taller than most mortals.

"What about, Ms. Martha?" Titanite asked, much calmer, making Jordan even more intimidated.

"M-Martha is..." Jordan bit his lip, looking over at his friends for help. Lady looked at Martha's locket. Mot and Tom looked at each other. Max was unsee-able at the moment. Al was just staring at Steve.

"Dead..." he finished.

"I can see that quite clearly," Titanite said, holding up the same orb, revealing Martha in the After Life. Seeing that for a second time, made Jordan's head hurt. Guard Tom's cell was beside hers, he could see it.

"I meant what did you do..." Titanite said, circling them all now, floating.

Lady stepped forward, "I killed her! I did it to help her bring back her dead husband! Who is... now alive but... You know what I mean!"

Titanite levitated to Lady and stared at her for a while. "So, you did tell the truth..."

"Why wouldn't she? She's the most honest one here," Mot said, walking a bit closer to the God and the lady.

"Thank you, Mot. You're pretty honest yourself," Lady replied with a small smile.

"Enough talk with honesty..." Titanite took in a deep breath, closing his red eye, and when it opened, it was white again, "Martha put you up to this...?"

"Actually, you did... by mentioning it..." Lady said.

Titanite sighed, "I knew I should have erased your minds... I knew one of you would look deeper into my words..."

"Gods can erase minds!?!?!?" Tom shouted.

Jordan looked over at his friend, who placed his arms straight down like a solider. "Sorry..."

"Where is Waglington?" Titanite asked.

"Back at his house, with Ender and Andor, they volunteered to stay with him while we went to investigate what happened to the Main Alter," Jordan said, feeling much calmer now that Titanite was calm himself.

"And Tucker?"

"At his house maybe," Max said.

"Or maybe he decided to go join the dark side, and rule beside your father, Sianite, and be crowned his second Champion! Only to destroy the Gods and us later, and then soon, conquer the WORLD!" Tom said.