The Beta's Soldier- Chapter 1- Captives

Magsimula sa umpisa

When they first volunteered for this, they were all looking for a way out of the military. They hated the rules and guidelines and they hated that they didn’t have as much power as they wanted to have. Power hungry would be the best term to describe them.

And then the laboratory found them. Under the guise of a pharmaceutical company, there was a laboratory that rid the world of its paranormal beings. It was something none of them ever imagined could be real, but it was.

When they were first experimented on, it seemed like nothing. But soon, everything started to change. The experiments became more and more painful and more and more tiring, until finally, they were made into what they were today. Killing machines of the best kind.

There were nine of those killing machines in this facility. And all nine of them were murderers. Of course, they were doing the right thing, but still. The experiments and tests that the scientists still ran on them sometimes agitated the men.

It was mostly because of the pain. Not that they couldn’t handle a bit of hurt, they were all ex-special forces, but the drugs, chemicals, enhancers and surgeries the scientists did on them took a toll on their bodies. And their minds.

Especially if they invented a new drug or came up with a new way of making them better, stronger, faster. None of them had it easy, and there was no way of getting out of this either. Because once you enter the laboratory, you can’t get out. If you do, you become a Failure. That means that a person doesn’t want to work for the laboratory anymore. And under the cover of ‘brining you back’, they send out Ultimates, the best of the best, the ultimate and enhanced soldiers, to exterminate you.

Safe to say, that none of them could leave as they wished. As tight as their group was, if one left, all of them would leave, and then a shit-storm of epic proportions would be let loose.

“And how do you expect us to fid whoever sent the bastards?” Atticus asked, leaning back in the uncomfortable black chair, “It would take weeks of hacking and tracing for us to even find a link to whoever it is, let alone locate him.”

Atticus was an impatient man. A trait he shared with Leon, the man with the best eyes. A sharp-shooter of sorts. A former MOS 0317, he already came with the propositions of a shooter and a marksman. They only enhanced his ability. But something went wrong with the operation as his eyes were now too sensitive to light. He needed to wear sunglasses even indoors. But the perks of the mistake was that his eyes and his brain could now do a lot more things than a normal humans.

“You’re going to use the intruder we captured.” Mr. Green sneered, “Make them lead you to their leader. The plan is already approved and details are waiting for you in the holding cell fifty seven, along with the intruders and everything else you will need to know.” When no one else said anything, there was a loud ‘dismissed’ and the men got out of their chairs and stormed out of the room.

“For fucks sake they’re annoying.” Axel growled, massaging his temples, “The blond bitch spent the entire meeting thinking about who she would fuck first.” he shook his head. The brain experiments the scientists did to him had the desired effect.

Axel could now read people’s minds without a problem. It worked on paranormal creatures as well, if they didn’t have some magic concealing their minds or something similar. The only side-effect of that was that if Axel let his concentration slip all of the loud thoughts would attack his mind and he would pass out or something worse.

“I know.” Jax shook his head as the group went into the elevator. Brock stood in front and pressed the button for two levels lower. “I hate the cells. The smells from there always make me nauseous.”