Chapter Two: Part 1

Rayne's POV~

As I'm rushing down the hallway to the nurse's office, my passed out mate still in my arms, one of my packs newest warriors runs out of a classroom and quickly follows me with a furious look on his face.

"Alpha, what's wrong with Bailey? Why do you have my best friend in your arms? Also, why the hell are you running down the hallway when you should be teaching?!" Gabe, I believe his name is, asked angrily, practically demanding an answer. Causing me to growl lowly as I walk at a faster pace and hold Bailey tighter against me, which made him whimper, so I loosened up my hold.

We're almost there. Hold on, baby.

"Gabe, is it?" I ask the young brat with a roll of my eyes.

"Yes, it is." He replied snarkily.

"Well, Gabe, I would hate to see my mate be sad because I killed one of his friends. So shut the fuck up before I do something I'll regret." I growl out in a possessive manner.

Finally, we make it to the nurse's office. I open the door quickly and run in.

"My mate passed out!" I yell out loud, "Hurry!" As soon as I yell that out, a short, plump woman ran into the room with a worried look on her face. Once she noticed that it was me that yelled out, she went right into action.

"Hello, Alpha Rayne!" She said as she made her way to me and my beautiful mate, "I know you just got your mate, but I need you to trust me. Please set him on the bed and sit down in the chair over there so I can work on him." The lady said kindly and cautiously as she pointed to a chair at the side of the bed.

I grumbled incoherent words but sat down nonetheless. The lady then turned to Gabe, "And you," She said as she pointed to him, "Sit down next to Alpha Rayne, and don't you dare start any trouble with him, young man." She gave him a knowing glare. He, reluctantly, listened and sat next to me.

The nurse then turned to my poor unconscious mate and took his pulse and such things like that. I really don't understand that type of stuff, and besides, I was too busy glaring at the dark bruise that was on my poor little Bailey's cheek. How could I have not noticed before? I just met him and I'm already a horrible mate!

Tears well up in my eyes, but I quickly wiped them away. Bailey begins to awaken, and his eyes widen as he rushes to sit up. I stand and lightly press on his chest, making him lie back down, flat on his back. Ignoring the growl from Gabe, I looked to my mate with worry.

"Hey, um, I'm Rayne... You're absolutely gorgeous." I tell him, eliciting an adorable blush from his cheeks.

"I-I-I'm B-Bailey. Th-thank you, R-R-Rayne?" Bailey said cutely.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm Gabe, and the nice nurse lady is Mrs. Potts." Hmm, the name suits her. It's like that one teapot woman from Beauty and the Beast.

My sweet little mate blushes, "I-I apol-logize if I-I-I made an-any of you w-worry."

I kissed his forehead softly, "Don't apologize, my sweet little Bailey. You did nothing wrong."

Gabe abruptly stands and leaves. Thank God!

I turn back to Bailey, "Well, let's get back to class. Thank you, Mrs. Potts!" I say as I scoop him back up into my arms and walk out the door.

After school, we're going to have a little chat about that bruise.