Chapter 25 - Surprise and the Fourth Traitor.

Start from the beginning

"Aggron, stand by for battle!" Paul yelled, the large grey and white armoured Pokémon appearing on the stage.

Piplup and Dawn both gulped when they saw this Pokémon, other then Torterra this was Paul's strongest Pokémon and Piplup was still just a small Pokémon. "Piplup, use Bubble Beam!" Dawn yelled, this was one of her Pokémon's strongest move.

"Use Harden Aggron!" Paul yelled, the bubble's simply bounced right of the protected body. "Good now use Iron Tail!" Paul yelled, the glowing tail of Aggron coming down on Piplup, however it remained conscious.

"Whirlpool Piplup!" Dawn yelled, the large swirling vortex appearing before the small Pokémon.

"Use Iron Defence!" Paul commanded, Aggron glowed showing the move had been put into place while the whirlpool landed right on top of the larger Pokémon.

"Looks like this round is mine." Dawn said with a smug look on her face.

"I don't think so, take another look." Paul said with a smirk. Dawn just looked confused but looked to where the whirlpool was beginning to fade, Aggron stood in the centre of it looking unharmed.

"But how?" Dawn asked shocked.

"He used Iron Defence, which protects him from every single attack. Now use Headbutt!" Paul commanded, once more the large Pokémon doing as it was told.

Piplup was not fast enough to dodge the attack, the headbutt was so strong that Piplup crashed into the opposing wall because of it. When dust cleared Piplup was knocked unconscious.

"Piplup is unable to battle! Dawn please choose your next Pokémon!" The referee said, Dawn returned her Piplup with little emotion on her face.

"Buneary, take the stage!" Dawn yelled, the rabbit Pokémon that had a crush on Pikachu soon appeared on stage. On the side-lines Pikachu was really holding back a Thunder Bolt being shot at the rabbit. "Use Charm!" Dawn demanded, this was why chose this Pokémon.

The hearts hit Aggron right on but he did not fall under the effect's, in fact the Pokémon seemed to be smirking at them. "You actually fell for that?" Paul said with a laugh.

"Fell for what? And why didn't he fall under Charm's effect?" Dawn was completely confused.

"Because Aggron is a girl, that is the only reason a Charm would not work." Paul said with a smirk, Dawn just grew even more confused.

"Then why did you say it was male?" Dawn asked.

"Are you stupid? I knew you had Buneary and I knew that it was able to use Charm, so I created a little bluff to see if you would summon it, that way I will have defeated two of your Pokémon easily. You never give away your Pokémon's gender in case a Pokémon can use Charm. I didn't think you would fall for it." Paul said then he turned to Aggron with a smile. "Use Rock Tomb my friend!" Paul commanded.

Suddenly rock's from all over began to surround the rabbit like Pokémon, she tried to get out of the tomb she was in but she soon wore herself out with all of the attacks she was sending to it. When the tomb came down Buneary was unconscious.

"Buneary is unable to battle! Dawn, please choose your final Pokémon!" The referee said, Dawn recalled Buneary with even less emotion then she had done with Piplup.

"Mamoswine, it's up to you now!" Dawn yelled, the large mammoth like Pokémon appeared on the stage. "Use Ancient Power!" Dawn demanded.

"Use Harden!" Paul called out, the Ancient Power merely bouncing of Aggron's hardened skin. "Now use Metal Claw!" Paul yelled out. The large Pokémon was not fast enough to dodge the attack's, each blow landing somewhere on the mammoth's body, however it did not faint.

"Mamoswine, use Take Down!" Dawn demanded harshly. The large Pokémon suddenly charging to the armoured Pokémon quite quickly.

"Use Iron Butt!" Paul yelled out, this caused quite a few people to look confused as it was not a move known to anyone.

Aggron's head glowed as it did when using its power focussed in her head, however the light seemed to be stronger then it normally would be. Aggron didn't move from her position and everyone knew the Take Down was going to hit her.

And hit her it did, however she had lowered her head and there was no damage to Aggron. Mamoswine however was getting more and more tired with every move it used.

"What the hell was that? That wasn't even a move!" Dawn yelled, she thought this would be a great time to get Paul disqualified from the tournament.

"No it's not, its something called a combo move, this allows you to combine two attacks into one making it a lot stronger." Paul said with a smirk, he knew she would have tried to use this to get him out of the tournament.

"Use Blizzard!" Dawn yelled, a large snow storm soon appearing on the stage.

"Use Tackle followed by Iron Tail!" Paul said, Aggron doing as she was told. She glowed and ploughed right through the large snow storm, Mamoswine was far too slow to stop the Iron Tail coming its way. The Iron Tail landed its target and Mamoswine was thrown into the opposing wall, when the dust settled the large Pokémon was unconscious.

"Mamoswine is unable to battle! Paul is the winner!" The referee said, Dawn grumbled before recalling her Pokémon and stomping out of the arena, her group following.

Ashton met up with Melody after that as none of them had any battle's for another couple of hours. "How are you doing today?" Ashton asked his wife after kissing her softly.

"Much better, I went to see the healer again today." Melody said with a smile, she was clutching the paper close to her.

"Oh really? And what did they say?" Ashton asked, he hoped there was nothing wrong with his wife as he needed her in his life.

"Well they did a full body scan, something they never even thought of doing. They learned why I have been getting sick and craving strange things." Melody said, she was happy about telling Ashton this news but also worried that Ashton would not wish for a child.

"What did they say?" Ashton asked, he was beginning to panic.

Melody opened her mouth to speak, but still clutching the small photograph to her frame so Ashton would not be able to see it.