Chapter 20 - Story and Traitors.

"So how has your life been Ashton?" Natasha asked her son.

Ashton blanched when he heard his mother ask this, he knew that it would not be wise to lie to the very powerful pokemon but he also knew that the information he would give her would make her very angry indeed. He looked to his father for help.

"Just tell her everything Ashton, it is better to tell her the truth." Aaron said, he knew that his wife would not be very happy with the information she would hear but he also knew that it was not a good idea to lie or keep things from his wife.

"Why do you I get the feeling that I am not going to like what I hear?" Natasha asked, she had seen the looks between her son and her husband. Melody, her daughter-in-law, had gone to her domain to give the family some time to get to know one another more.

And so they both told her everything. They told her about Delia the woman who raised Ashton, they told her of all the adventures and pokemon Ashton met on his journeys, they told her of all the friends he had made and how they had betrayed him and then they told her about the journey to find his true father as well as all the pokemon they met along the way.

"How dare they treat a Prince of Auran this way!" Natasha yelled, she was very angry with what she was hearing. The story had started very well and she liked that her son had made friends with both humans and pokemon, but after that she got angrier with every word that was said.

"Not defending them or anything but they didn't know I was a Prince, I didn't even know I was one until only a few months ago." Ashton said, he was not going to defend them but he did have to thank them for giving him a life he had always wanted but just didn't know he wanted.

"It is still wrong to treat other humans the way you have been treated! Sometimes I wonder why I keep them on this planet." Natasha was in full mother Arceus mode, it showed her power and anger to all those who were looking at her.

"Because it is the best thing for everyone, love you know that all pokemon love to battle and they can only do that when there are trainers." Aaron said, he knew something like this would happen.

"I know that, but I don't have to be happy about it." Natasha said calming down.

"None of us are happy about it mom, if it were up to me I would have just good humans and pokemon living in this world, but we can't do things on that big of a scale." Ashton said with a sad smile, he had accepted that there was always going to be bad and evil people in the world even if he didn't like it.

"There is one more thing you should know my sweet." Aaron said with a sheepish look on his face, Natasha turned to her son for an answer when she saw it was not coming from her love.

"And what is that?" Natasha asked.

Ashton blanched and backed away from his mother a little before he spoke. "Those people who betrayed me, they are here right now in this tournament." Ashton said quickly, but his mother was able to hear every word.

"What they are here right now?! Why were they allowed here in the first place!?" She yelled.

"Ah that was your son's idea, he thought that he would use Ashton as a cover to show how powerful he was and then he would reveal himself as once being Ash Ketchum to prove to those who thought him weak that he is strong." Aaron explained.

"Actually that is a good idea. This would show the world and the people how powerful you were and it would show those who doubted you how wrong they were. I like this plan." Natasha said, she smiled when she heard the sighs of relief from her son and husband.

"Let's take a walk around the Palace, it has been a long time since you have been here my love." Aaron said with a smile, he took her hand and they began to walk to the door of the room they were in.