Chapter 4 - Surprise Powers?

Ash had noticed that the strange feeling guiding him and his friends was getting stronger.

The more he followed the feeling the stronger it become, this made Ash and his friends think that they were getting closer to the Tree of Life.

Ash was nervous and excited about that. He was nervous about meeting a father he had only learned about a few months ago, he was worried that his father would not believe or reject him, but he was excited at the chance to meet his parent.

They had also figured that the feeling was leading him to injured or abused pokemon, and while he wanted to help all of them he didn't want to see other human putting the lives of pokemon on the line.

However, once more that was not the case.

Another one of those pain filled noises/screeched was made somewhere in front of them, and no matter how much Ash didn't want to see it, he couldn't stand around and watch pokemon be hurt by their own trainers or reckless people in the woods.

"Looks like there is another one." Bonnie said, sadness evident in her voice. Bonnie was old enough now to have her own pokemon, which is why she was so glad Dedenne and Squishy came with her and not stayed with Clemont. Bonnie loved and wanted to help all of the pokemon she met, hearing that sound and seeing a pokemon in pain made her upset. The whole group felt like that.

"Well we are not going to leave it. We promised that we would help all pokemon, including the injured ones." Ash said, watching as his group all nodded.

They then moved towards some of the bushes and another shocking scene greeted them.

It was a pure black Absol with blue eyes huddled into a corner and two girls advancing on it. They were saying cruel words to the pokemon, throwing rocks at it and trying to hit it with long sticks, the pokemon too scared to even move.

"What the hell are you doing?" Ash asked them, he needed to remain calm.

The two girls heads, as well as the scared pokemon's, turns to Ash. The pokemon looks to Ash with a sad look and asking for help with its eyes, the two girls looked to Ash in anger having interrupted them.

"What are you doing here? This is not any of your business." One of the girls sneered at him.

"What are you doing to that pokemon?" Ash seethed, he hated it when people did this to pokemon, whether their own or not, it is wrong.

"It is an Absol, a disaster pokemon, we need to hurt it before a disaster hits us." One of the girls said, that did not help Ash's bad mood.

"And besides look at it, its an anomaly and shouldn't even be here in the first place." The other girl continued, Ash was shocked that this would come from two girls.

"Yes it is called that but an Absol only warns people of disasters, it does not create them. Just because you have hurt the Absol and not heeded the warning it brought you will never know the disaster about to befall you." Ash explained.

"How do you know all of this?!" One of them yelled, they didn't want to believe it as that would mean they were the ones who did nothing to help their friends and family.

"I met an Absol once, the townspeople were trying to catch it because they thought it was bringing a disaster to them. Turns out there was a volcano nearby and it was about to erupt, Absol as well as lot of my pokemon and the townspeople's pokemon they were able to save their town. They honoured the Absol as a hero and gave him a home in the town." Ash explained.

"I don't care, Absol are dark and should be punished." The second girl said. Ash had a feeling that these two were sisters, one of them was the compassionate one when it came to pokemon and the other didn't seem to like them very much.