Sucking in a lung full if air I felt my heart pound against my chest as the dark wood of the dinning table came to view, the laughter quieted down as the maid announced our arrival. My mother stood up first to greet us, kissing both cheeks and running a hand alongside Wes's jaw "You look dashing darling." she gushed

Wes flashed a flirtatious smirk and replied "Thank you ma'am."

The crimson color shading her cheeks contrasted the pale blue short sleeved dress she wore, fanning her heated face she took her seat as Stacy sashayed over from her seat with Greg on her tail. My eyes narrowed as she leaned in to kiss my cheeks "Khloe you look nice." she sneered and turned to Wes with a sliver of hunger in her glimmering eyes, much like the maid.

Shooting me a small smirk she leaned in to kiss Wes's cheeks, purposely slumping her shoulders so the large V between her breasts opened providing a generous view of her silicon filled breasts. Slut, I hissed in my head as I gritted my teeth.

"Hello." Wes said, dodging her pouty lips. Stacy stared confusingly at Wes ,who craned his face out of reach much to my delight. Biting my lip I wanted to laugh when Stacy stomped back to her seat, disappointed that she didn't get her way.

"Khloe." Greg greeted in a bored tone and a small nod, returning the gesture I felt Wes stiffen beside me.

"Nice to see you again." Greg spoke to Wes with much more glee than when he greeted me.

"Like wise." Wes replied in a tight voice, he stuck his hand out for Greg to shake. Greg's smile dropped as Wes's tanned hand enclosed over his smaller one, the look of pain etched on his face making it obvious that Wes was hurting him. Greg tugged his hand back, his eyes wide as he returned to his seat.

"I don't like him." Wes mumbled when I placed my hand on his forearm. I smiled knowing precisely why his opinion of Greg changed, guiding him to the two empty seats beside my mother I smiled when he pulled out my chair, the gentlemen behavior was definitely something I could get use to. Wes's eyes were trained on Greg taking in every fidgety movement the small man made from across the large table. Lowering my head I suppressed the urge to laugh at Greg's petrified expression, if I knew Wes would act like this I would have told him about Greg and I at the engagement party. Picturing the man squirming in front of hundreds of reports would definitely make for an amusing sight. Unfolding the ivory napkin from the plate in front of me I placed it on my lap and motioned for Wes to do the same.

"You're late."

The sound of disapproval in his voice was sharp, as if he were readying to lecture me about timing like when I was younger. Tilting my head up I meet his hardened stare with one of my own "Hello father." I forced the words out, aware that he didn't greet us like the others.

His dark emerald eyes swept over me before they turned to Wes and narrowed "I presume you're the boyfriend." he stated, not bothering to hide his displeasure

"Yes, sir." Wes replied politely

My father pressed his thinning lips together, his cat like eyes gliding over Wes like a critic at a restaurant, taking in every inch of him as I expected. Clenching my fists on my lap I ignored the maids as they placed our dinners before us and the zesty aroma of freshly baked salmon and lemon. I heard Wes thank the women before cutting into the fish unaware of the deadly gaze staring him down across the table. My father's eyes narrowed to thin slits as Wes ignored him completely and I couldn't help but smirk at his annoyance, one thing he hates is being ignored.

"So Wesley, what do you do for a living?" my father asked in a cool tone that pissed me off

"It's Wes." I hissed darkly