Chapter 17

"Julienne, please?" Aaron asked. She nodded. He smiled and said, "I'll tell you later, okay?"

After the meeting, Aaron invited Julienne to eat dinner at a Japanese restaurant near Taipei 101. They arrived and took two seats. Aaron called the waiter to order. While waiting, he told the reason why he chose Julienne and not Gui Gui, "Remember that we both helped Calvin and Xiao Mei's engagement party before?" Julienne nodded. "That was the time that..." He paused for a moment. Suddenly the waiter delivered their order and left. He continued, "That was the time that I felt something I don't understand. Every time I see you, I am very happy. If you are not here beside me, I suddenly miss you." Julienne was shocked and asked, "But you and Gui Gui are still together, right?" "No. Those are rumors. We are just friends," Aaron answered. Julienne quickly said, "But Puddings will surely kill me!" "Trust me. I will explain them soon," Aaron responded calmly. Julienneasked again, "Can I go to the washroom first?" Aaron nodded and she quickly left.

Julienne checked first if they were other girls in the washroom. She felt some relief that there were none inside, just her. She stood in front of the mirror and talking to herself panicly, "Is he going to date me? If I agreed, Puddings will surely kill me, especially my BFFs who wants to date with him. OMG! What am I saying? Julienne, please be calm. Aaron said that I must trust him. Okay, I'll callXiao Mei first." She picked up her phone and tried to call me.

Julienne: (still panicking) Hello, Xiao Mei?

Xiao Mei: Yes, Julienne. What's wrong?

Julienne: (feels uneasy) Uhm... Well... I think Aaron likes me.

Xiao Mei: WHAT?! Are you serious? OMG! You're such a lucky girl! Did he honestly tell you about his feelings?

Julienne: Uhm... Yes. But how about Puddings? Surely I'm dead!

Xiao Mei:Julienne, trust him, ok?

Julienne: Trust him? But...

The phone call suddenly ended. She realized that her phone got shut down and had no battery. She recalled a word that Aaron and I had just said: TRUST. After 10 minutes, she calmly came out at the washroom and saw Aaron that he didn't eat anything yet.

Julienne said, "Let's eat first, okay?" Aaron smilingly nodded. After they had finished eating,Julienne bravely asked, "So you want to date me?" Aaron just grinned at her and asked, "May I?"