Main Story: 16

Namjoon noticed that as winter nears, Seokjin seems to be more and more out of it. He would take more time staring blankly at the computer monitor in front of him than actually writing scripts.

It seems like a normal occurrence for the Jin duo though, since Woojin came and said to him that the next manuscript isn't due until mid-winter, as Seokjin had (miraculously; from Woojin's words,) finished about four manuscripts for different books. And that Namjoon's next guesting was on the second last day of autumn. And the next was yet to be determined.

"You just said it in front of Seokjin, didn't you?" He asked as soon as the two of them walked out into the living room, knowing full well that Woojin wouldn't forget such a thing. Since it was Woojin himself who did the thing.

The man in question sighed, not sparing a look at Namjoon who had his eyebrows raised. "Of course, you and I both know that when the first sign of winter comes, our deal is over." It was then he looked at the younger. "We don't want Seokjin to know now, do we?" Namjoon shook his head. "Why would I want to? He'll close himself in even more if he finds out." He heard no reply from Woojin, so he turned a bit, only to see that it was the other's turn to raise his eyebrows.

"More? But you two are close." He lowers his already low voice, growing more confused when Namjoon shook his head, why does he not think so? "Namjoon, you're near your goal... All you need is to do the final part." The mint haired male was listening intently, and he felt himself shaking his head again. "That just makes my stay here shorter." And Woojin didn't fail to catch the tone Namjoon used, it wasn't the tone he used to whine for something that doesn't appeal to his taste like the one he used a few months back.

"And why?" Woojin sighed in between his words. "Have you become attached to Seokjin?"

There was a brief silence that settled between them, Woojin didn't take his gaze off of Namjoon, eager on finding out what the younger's answer was. Somehow, he had a hunch on what the answer will be.

A soft sigh left through Namjoon's nose, he rested his arms on the armrest and leaned his head backwards. "He's lonely, Woojin hyung... He has always been... for years now, I mean, he has you.. but your purpose is different... He has Yoongi, but the guy has his own life too..." Namjoon stops, just staring at the ceiling. "At least I can make him feel less lonely before I end this." He sighed. "If my objective didn't change I'd probably be trying to woo him right now, but if I do, he'll just get hurt more. Especially with what I'm going to do."

Woojin spoke, looking at the crown of Namjoon's head that was visible from behind the couch. "So you are attached?"

Namjoon gulps, eyes closing momentarily before he opened them slowly, voice low and quiet, he answered Woojin's question.

"I'm afraid I am Woojin hyung, I'm afraid I am."

+

are you confused yet

may 30, 2017