P R O L O U G E

Aspen Montgomery

I quickly go and rip apart my closet in order to find my suitcase and throw it across my room.

I go to my dresser and and grab all the clothes that can fit. I grab my laptop and cables and put them in a backpack and quickly leave my room and exit the house.

Do I leave a note for my mother? Nope.

I load everything into my Jeep and quickly drive away.

Away to? His house. Who's house? Shawn's house.

I remember the voice massage Shawn left for me at midnight;

|Midnight|

Ring...
Ring...
Ring...

'Leave a message after the tone'

'Hi uh Aspen. I miss you... a lot. I don't know why your ignoring me or what I did but, but if this is a-all because of m-me I'm so sorry' he begins to cry. 'I'm going for a-a midnight d-drive, when I come b-back please please p-lease call me b-back...'

|Present Time|

I feel a tear threaten to fall but, I can't and won't let it.

I park and open my car door with no hesitation. I lean myself back in and grab the note I made for him after the call and stuff it in my back pocket.

I run up to his front door and enter the house without a key...

|Midnight|

'I left my front door unlocked for you. I-I hope you c-come... love y–' answer machine is full.

|Present Time|

I walk in and run up the stairs and into his bedroom. I slowly walk into his bedroom and look around.

His bed messily made, one picture on his wall, his closet open, and his things scattered on his dresser.

I take the note out with my shaky hands and neatly placed it onto his bed.

I take a quick look around his room once again and left his room with no regret... or that is what I felt at the time.

I close his door and jump into my Jeep and head off.

Off to where? You'll have to wait and see.

----------------------
Oh. My. God.
I can't believe I'm writing my 4th book! If you haven't already read my previous book "Internet Friends" go read it!

Follow. Comment. And Vote!

Xoxo Brianna

|word count: 385|