Chapter 9

"When I'm with you, I feel safe from the things that hurt me inside."

POV-Evelyn

"You aren't good at following orders..." Trystan's voice emerges behind me. I gasp in surprise and stand slowly turning to face him.

His face is pointed down, the shadows cast over from the dim lighting in the cell hallway. His piercing green eyes focus on me, I stare back at him. His sharp jawline, how it's so prominent, just like Logan's.

I shake the thoughts away and clear my throats stepping away from the cell trying to come up with a good lie.

"I... was just curious-"

"Don't lie to me, I can tell when you lie" he states plainly. I swallow nervously and chuckle moving a strand of hair behind my ear.

"She was actually here to see me, jerkwad" Meg hisses from behind the bars.

I turn and gape staring her down, I cannot believe she just told the werewolf ruler that!? But in her case she didn't know he was a very strong and powerful supernatural creature.

I hear Trystan intake a breath, out of my peripheral sight I watch him run his hand through his hair a couple times. His eyes land on Meg behind the bars. Her grey eyes narrow as she stares at him. I can see them swirling with something most likely a plan to get out of the cell and house and run.

Trystan pushes himself off the wall he was leaning against and makes his way towards us, I take it upon myself to intervene before this gets out of control. I step in front of him and place the palm of my hand against his firm chest. He pauses for a moment and glances down, his eyes swirling with some type of unknown emotion. After awhile I clear my throat and his gaze flutters up to mine.

"I would like you to let her go, she is my friend and I will not permit her to stay in that" I say, pointing back towards the cell.

His eyes darken and he scoffs, rolling his eyes, his gaze glued to a  wall above my head. I smack his chest and his eyes flicker to me only for a moment before going back to the wall. I groan and push him, he stumbles and his eyes are automatically on me. He's fuming with anger just waiting to explode.

"How dare you lay a hand on your alp-" he stalks over to me but stops. His eyes glaze over and he seems to be in some sort of trance. Probably some type of werewolf trick.

I scoff in annoyance and cross my arms walking back over to Meg. "I'll get you out" I promise her. She only nods and sits down.

Trystan lets out a growl and grumbles, "let her out she may be free but is not permitted to leave the pack perimeters, I trust you will be able to get her accustomed to our ways here?" Trystan finishes already turning back towards the exit.

I am surprised not expecting him to let up so easily, I nod. He passes a set of keys over his shoulder, I catch them with some difficulty almost dropping them. I look up to find him already gone down the hall, I send him a silent thank you and unlock the cell.

-

"So... we are living with werewolves? You are supposed to marry a werewolf?!" She exclaims, jumping up onto the bed and pulling at her red hair.