Chapter 8

"Only you can give me that feeling."

POV-Evelyn

"Get away." His deep voice resonates throughout the forest. Everything goes quiet as I hear the deepest most harsh growl erupt from Trystan's chest. He was here.

"Oh sweet pea, I'm so thrilled that you brought him to me. The other slut only ran like the bitch she is" he sneers into my ear.

Not a second later does a loud growl erupt as I hear my captor scream in pain, I feel him shudder as claws run through his back. I stumble forward as he lets me go, I run and cower behind a tree. The man's body lies in the clearing he's still alive his chest rising and falling.

A black wolf stalks around his body, the man tries to push himself away but Trystan only growls causing the man to freeze.

I watch as Trystan grabs the guy by his arm and flings him over onto his back. Trystan walks towards me and motions his head in some obscure direction. I follow blindly as Trystan leads me out of the woods eventually back to the mansion.

A group of concerned people are gathered out by the front, they all look relieved when Trystan emerges from the forest. Some also look thankful that I'm there to, others lost likely blaming me for all that has happened tonight.

"It's another one" Trystan growls.

"You want us to kill him Alpha?" A burly muscular man asks.

Trystan answers quickly and roughly as if a new wound has just been opened, "No. he deserves all the pain imaginable. For the pain he's caused this family." Trystan says, he eyes the guy lying on the ground once more, "bring him to the chamber"

A few men nod before grabbing the man roughly and dragging him away.

Trystan stalks inside, I follow behind knowing that he was pissed at me for leaving. He stops once we are alone inside and turns to face me.

"Why." He questions. "Why would you go out there? I told you to stay with my parents"

I sigh and look down not meeting his gaze, "I-I needed to make sure you were safe"

He stares down at me with an incredulous look on his face, "you needed to make sure I was safe" he laughs bitterly.

"well dear, if you didn't already realise I am a werewolf and you," he looks me up and down, "are a puny human" he sneers.

I nod my face growing hot, he scoffs and heads off somewhere leaving me alone in the dimly lit hallway.

I slide down the wall tears staining my cheeks, I rest my head on my arms as my eyes close, all I wanted was a friend.

-

I wake up in my bed, fully clothed in pyjamas. I sit up and stretch, my muscles ache from the previous night. My back aching from the man, it didn't seem to hurt that much I'm guessing since they gave me more medications.

I swing my legs over the side and hope off, I pad over to the door, opening it slowly I peak over the side. Making sure the coast was clear I step around the door and down the hallway towards the stairs.