Chapter One

Maya and Riley were walking into the school for their first day as Juniors. They had been friends as long as either of them could remember. Maya being an only child and Riley being the only girl they were more like sisters than best friends.

Maya was an only child who came from a broken home. Well at least that was the case until her mom married Shawn last year. She still found it hard to trust people but him basically being apart of the Matthews family helped in a way. She had always been able to rely on them for anything.

Riley on the other hand had Cory and Topanga as parents. Her whole outlook on life was different. She always believed in people and always believed that something positive would come out of anything. She also had an older brother much to her disgust he was considered the hottest guy in school. He was a senior. He was popular while she liked to hang around in the background.

They found there way to the lockers. Maya was looking through her locker trying to arrange things when she noticed her best friend staring off into space. Well it wasn't really space she was staring at Lucas Friar. Josh's best friend. Maya couldn't help but laugh. Her best friend had been stuck on this guy for years. When Lucas Friar was around it was pointless even trying to talk to Riley she was in a whole different world.

"Stop drooling" Maya slammed her locker which actually grabbed Riley's attention.

"I don't know what your talking about" Riley said quietly as she reached for her books.

"You making googly eyes at your brother's best friend"

"Hm yeah you can talk"

For as long as Riley could remember her best friend had a crush on her older brother. Josh is completely oblivious to it. He will flirt with Maya even though he has a girlfriend and it annoys Riley so much. Josh doesn't realise he is doing it. Riley has been trying her best when he is on a break with his on again off again girlfriend to make him realise he deserves better and that there might be something there between him and Maya. But of course the dummy never takes a hint.

Riley was quite prepared to help her best friend in getting her brother to notice her. If anything ever came up about Lucas though She wasn't quite as happy to talk to about it. She had barely said anything to Lucas in the five years he had been best friends with Josh. There was no way she would be able to even form a sentence when Lucas was around.

"Here's an idea Riles, next time he is at you house go and talk to him"

"Are you crazy why would I do that?"

"Because you like him. At least he isn't taken like your brother"

"Come on Maya we all know Alexa is a slut and soon enough they will break up for good"

"Did Riley Matthews just say slut?" Maya laughed

"Well I'm just stating the facts. One day he is going to realise the rumours are true that she sleeps around. Now let's go find Zay and Farkle because what is going on over there is disgusting and I don't want to watch anymore"

Maya glanced over. Alexa was all over Josh. It was nothing new, Maya knew that Alexa was aware of her feelings for Josh. It was made obvious that whenever Maya was around she would make sure that her lips were locked with Josh. Josh of course had no idea what was going on. Not only was that going on but there was a whole heap of cheerleaders hanging around Lucas.

"Yeah I don't really want to be here either. Are we stuck with your dad again this year?"

Riley shoved their timetable in front of Maya's face. Maya rolled her eyes. She felt like she was never going to get away from Mr Matthews.