Chapter Three

Josh was laying on his bed, thinking about his day. He had no idea what had actually happened. How could he have a moment with his sisters best friend. He tried his best to ignore it. There was no way Maya actually liked him anyway. As far as he knew Alexa was a loyal caring girlfriend. That moment that they had was an accident or maybe he misinterpreted what actually happened. Either way he made up his mind that he was going to forget everything that had happened that afternoon.

Meanwhile Maya was at her house sketching. She too was unsure of what had gone on but was pretty sure she was the only one that felt it. Josh didn't go after girls like her. He liked Pretty, twig like cheerleader who would open their legs quickly and give him everything he wanted. She knew the chances of Josh seeing her as anything other than his little sisters best friend were pretty small. Josh was happy with Alexa even though everyone knew something he didn't. Alexa was someone who slept around with everyone. Even if Josh didn't like her Maya just wished he was with someone else, someone that deserved him.

The next day at school was awkward to say the least. They had all taken the subway together as well as Lucas. It was extremely uncomfortable for Maya and Josh but Lucas didn't pick up on anything. Riley on the other hand saw it straight away. She pulled her out and walked ahead of the boys.

"Do you want to tell me what all of that was about?"

"I don't know what you are talking about Riley"

"Oh come on you and Josh couldn't get away from each other quick enough. You guys always like hanging out what has changed"

Maya frowned. She didn't want to tell Riley because she would make a big deal of it. Riley never liked Alexa and would take every opportunity to push her brother and best friend together.

"Josh and I had a moment yesterday.."

"That's so great, was this why you weren't there when I got home yesterday"

"Yes. We had the moment and then Alexa turned up. I went into your room and she came in and basically warned me to stay away from him. I didn't mean for it to happen Riles it was just argh, now everything is going to be awkward and it will be even worse when she tells him I yelled at her and slammed a door in her face"

Riley laughed. Her friend was being dramatic just like usual. The bell rang. "We aren't done discussing this. He would never be angry at you though Maya. My whole family loved you too much"

They went their seperate ways to class. Josh needed to talk to someone he knew if he confided in his sister she would already be planning his and Maya's wedding. Lucas walked up next to him, he decided he was good as anyone.

"So Maya came over yesterday"

Lucas Raised his eyebrow. As much as he wouldn't say it to Josh for the fact he would probably punch him he thought that Josh had feelings for her.

"Okay and I'm guessing there is something more you would like to tell me"

"We had a moment. It was really weird I don't know what actually happened"

Lucas tried to dread lightly towards the subject. "Well maybe you have feelings for her"

Josh paused for a few minutes. He couldn't possibly this was all just a misunderstanding.
"Nah, I think maybe I misunderstood what was going on. I mean I'm happy with Alexa anyway"

After Josh walked away all Lucas could do was sigh. How could his friend be so blinded by Alexa.