❀ Chapter 23: Girl Talk ❀

"I've already scheduled the meeting with your fiancé. It'll be 3 weeks from now, just after the wedding."

You stopped eating as your father announced it while you're all having breakfast.

"Honey, are you sure about this? Why don't you hear what your daughter wants to say?" Aunt Ji Hyo said as she let out a sigh.

"That's my decision, Ji Hyo. That's final."

His voice was full of authority, making you look down in defeat. Your eyes started burning as you tried to keep on eating without crying.

"B-But, appa, noona will be sad." Taeyong mumbled, shoving a piece of toasted bread in his mouth after. Your father just shook his head before standing up.

"I'll go now, I have a meeting in an hour."

When he left, silence took over the place. You stopped moving your hands.

"Dear, are you alright?"

You slightly curled your lips up, nodding at her.

"I will be."

"Appa's being unfair to you again, noona. I hate it." Taeyong grumbled, leaning his head on your arm.

"I'm sorry if your father's still hard-headed. Maybe he just needs to cool down from work and you can talk to him about it again." Aunt Ji Hyo reached for your hand. This time, you didn't pull away.

"I-I hope so." You smiled.

"So, who is the lucky guy?" Aunt Ji Hyo questioned with a playful smile. Your cheeks flushed instantly, forgetting the problem at hand (marriage).

"Uhm." You uncomfortably looked away from the two pairs of eyes staring at you. You suddenly glared at Taeyong. "What are you still doing here?"

"Huh?"

"Don't you have school, doofus?" You poked his forehead. His eyes widened as he quickly stood up.

"Oh shit. I'm late." He silently cursed as he ran to get his bag. "I'm gonna go now! Bye noona, bye Aunt Ji Hyo!"

As the front door closed, Aunt Ji Hyo tapped her fingers on the table.

"I'm waiting." She said with a smile. You gulped as you fiddled with your fingers.

"O-Okay then."

It was your first time telling about a guy to an older person unlike to Tiffany, that's why it made you a bit uncomfortable. Aunt Ji Hyo was being like a mother to you now, so you don't want to miss that out.

"His name is Kim Jongin but he's mostly called Kai. He's a dancer at DanWiMu, a place where you can showcase your talent and such. I've heard from him that his father's a close friend of mine and that he met appa before. I never asked anything about that since I cared less about it. He's..." You stopped for a moment to catch your breath. "...gorgeous. A little bit naughty and a pervert but nevertheless, he's a gentleman and kind. He's a combination of an angel and a devil." You slightly chuckled as you thought of him.

"I've known him for..." You silently counted in your head. "...5 or 6 months. I don't really remember but it feels like a long time already." You looked down as you felt shy about what you're gonna say next.

"But I'm sure I've fallen in love with him, may it be for a short period of time or long, I'm sure of it."

Aunt Ji Hyo hasn't stopped smiling since you've started talking about the lucky guy but she frowned when she realized something.