When he left, I shot Priest a text after I was unable to reach her by phone. It kind of hurt, but I had to shake it off. I couldn't take it personal, though. I think I was more stressed out behind her 'cause she made me question shit that I thought I knew about myself. So, I threw myself into the business idea. I called my sisters and asked what kind of stuff they would like on their clothes or accessories, if they could have it. I spoiled their behinds regularly, so I knew that they didn't know about my business idea, yet. Here's what I knew about Britt— she was always a fashionable person in her own right. She's big on trends that she learns about in school. Right now, everyone in her grade is raving about these new bracelets that light up. She goes to school with at least three of them daily. They say the bracelets represent different things about them-- like if you're wearing a blue bracelet, it means you like Disney Channel. If you wear an orange one, you like Nickolodeon. If you wear a red one, it means you can handle spicy food. It was hilarious to me because it was so innocent. Hell, when I was growing up, those bracelets told a much less innocent story about you. I guess the fact that these light up bracelets were sparkly made it seem all the more innocent. The accessory idea was really in her honor.

Joey, on the other hand, was a very sarcastic person who loved to wear random tee-shirts. She's the inspiration behind the shirts, even though both girls will have their imprint on both sides of the business. I actually felt proud of their interests in "fashion", because they both got it from me. Joey picked up her love of sarcastic tees from me, and I was into hats. It wasn't the same as bracelets, but Britt and I both found accessories to be very important.

Putting my all into this business idea made time go by so quickly. A week later, I was up to my neck in paperwork, it seemed like. Doing shit the legal way was annoying, but this was the safest way to go about it. I looked at my phone for maybe the third time that week and discovered that Priest had finally left me a text message.
I'm finally ready.

I read it in confusion. Ready for what? I completely shut out the events of the past week out of my mind. Even though I was nowhere near close to finishing this paperwork, I decided I needed a break. Besides, I hadn't seen Priest ever since she left. So, I got dressed and went over to her house. And when it came back to me, exactly what happened last week, the same questions popped up in my head, and I damn near sped all the way to her house.

As I lock my car door, I feel a little nervous. When she answers the door, I can see that she's just as bundled up as I was. It was damn near May and we were both dressed for Mid-November weather. It told me she probably felt just as small as I did for breaching the friendship line. She was in a tracksuit and I was wearing a hoodie and some jeans. I made sure to cover everything. She doesn't smile or say anything— she just holds the door open and I took it as a sign to come on in. I walk in and stand still in the middle of the foyer like I haven't been here a thousand times. I felt shy around her again. I felt like a child who knew she was gonna get a scolding from her parents.

She motions for me to go into the living room, so I head in there and she followed behind me. I sat on the loveseat, while she sat across from me in the La-Z-Boy recliner. She stared at me for a full three minutes before she said anything.

While she was staring at me, I also stared back, while searching for any emotion in her eyes. I mean, was she mad at me? Sad? Was she lustful again? What was it?

"I finally told my dad that I didn't care about his opinion about me." she says, clasping her hands together.
"What'd you say?" I ask, concerned. I was happy for her, but really concerned because she loves her dad with all her heart.
She shrugs. "I told him it was none of his concern who I slept with, and that he had no right to keep talking about it. I let him know that no matter how he feels about it, that is my personal business and that I'd no longer engage in conversation with him about it, any longer."
"Way to go, P!" I cheer! "I'm real proud of you."