Chapter 4

~Roxanne~

It was two in the afternoon and Erik was fast asleep, but something wasn’t right. Roxanne just felt like something was wrong and she had no idea of what that was. Then there was a knock at her door. She slipped out of Erik’s arms to answering it. “What are you doing here?” I asked opening the door for Aurox.

“Your dad is coming back and your brothers said to find you,” he said.

“If my dad was coming back he would have told me,” I said grabbing my purse and taking Aurox back to my dad’s.

We were half way to my dad’s when I started up a conversation. “How are things with Heath?” I asked to see if Zoey talked to him like she promised she would.

“Better the farther away from Zoey I am, the more control I have,” he said making me feel sorry for him. It wasn’t fair that Nyx put two souls in one body. Heath wanted to be with Zoey, and Aurox wanted to have true purpose. How was Aurox going to find his purpose if he’s stuck as Heath, pinning after Zoey?

“I’ll find a way to get you guys separated. There has to be some way you can live and Heath can be with Zoey,” I said.

“Heath said that’s impossible,” Aurox said laughing.

“Well no one asked Heath,” I frowned. That kid got on my nerves.

“He said he doesn’t need permission to share he’s opinion,” Aurox said sounding annoyed.

“You know you don’t have to listen to him.”

“Trust me it’s worst if I don’t,” he frowned.

~~~

“Why didn’t you guys call and tell me they were coming back before today?” I asked my twin brothers. They were in the kitchen cleaning. Apparently, someone made the maid quit.

“He wanted to surprise you,” Davey shrugged.

“Yeah and he only wanted to get rid of your bastard,” Danny added.

“Don’t you dare talk about my daughter like that,” I yelled at him. I knew he was only playing, but God why would you say something like that about your niece who you claim to love so much.

“Sorry, did you tell Erik he da baby daddy?” Danny asked.

“No I thought my dad was going to be away longer,” I sighed sitting at the kitchen island.

“I think you should tell him before the wedding,” Davey laughed.

“Heath said what wedding?” Aurox groaned.

“I’m getting married to Erik,” I said showing off my super cool ring.

“He said Erik is a dickwad, what does that mean?” Aurox asked.

“It means he’s a jerk and Erik’s not really like that,” I said.

“Whatever you say,” Danny smiled at me.

“He’s not,” I sternly insisted.

“That’s why he threw you into a row of lockers and never tried to contact you after knocking you up,” Danny asked being all heroically angry.

“He doesn’t know about Isis and that’s my fault. Also, he didn’t mean to push me that hard, and the second it happened he was right by my side,” I yelled.

“That’s what all battered women say. Everything is their fault,” Danny frowned.

“He doesn’t beat on me, and if he did I’m sure I’d have some mark or scar,” I yelled.