Chapter 2

~Erik~

Stark, Zoey, Stevie Rae Rephaim, Erik, Damien and Roxanne cleaned up the theatre and discussed their creative plans for the play. They all thought everything was coming together nicely, but something was missing. “Nyx,” Damien said.

“What about her?” Stevie Rae asked.

“That’s what we’re missing in the play. We talk about her and everything, but there are no tangible aspects of her,” he said smiling at Erik.

“You want to write Nyx into the play?” Erik asked.

“Yeah we can do it fairly easy and it would give the play the effect you were looking for.”

“Damien, we’re already tight casting who do you think will play Nyx?” Erik asked. Damien looked over at Zoey who was on the stage running a lighting check with Stark. “I don’t think we should do that it’s too big of a risk,” he said.

“She’d be great and you know it,” Damien protested.

“That’s not what he means,” Roxanne said knowing where Erik was coming from. “If you guys write in this part and just had it over to Zoey someone is bound to be unhappy,” she said as nicely as she could.

“Someone,” Erik laughed. “Basically every girl in the class would be,” he said being blunt.

“How about a last minute school wide audition?” Damien asked.

“Zoey wouldn’t try out for this part, she refused to do anything non-tech,” Erik said.

“She’d do a run throw first and we could ambush her with the part if we don’t find anyone better,” Damien aid coming up with a brilliant plan.

“Fine,” Erik said. “Who’s rewriting the script?” he asked.

“I’ll have it to you in the morning,” Damien said. Erik knew this was going to go bad.

~Roxanne~

When Erik asked me to marry him I assumed he meant sometime in the far away future. “I can’t believe you did this,” I yelled at him. We were having a normal dinner. Well he insisted on cooking it and having candles and stuff. Then he pulls out this huge rock. I mean it was beautiful. The blue heart shape gem was set in a rose gold band with diamond trimming.

“You don’t like it,” he asked shocked.

The jerk knew I’d love it, and his conceited self, made sure the gems were the same color as his eyes. “It’s beautiful, but we can’t do this now. Aphrodite would die if she knew we were going this far.”

“You said you wanted to be my wife,” he said reminding me that I conspired in this madness.

“I know what I said, and I didn’t mean it quite this literally,” he stood up and grabbed me by the hand.

“If you’re not willing to do it now than when will you? I love you and we deserve this,” he smiled and eased the ring on my finger making the no on my lips dissolve.

“Prince Charming why are you so amazing?” I asked and he let out an embarrassed chuckle.

“Because there’s a certain maiden I’m trying to impress,” he said brushing my hair behind my ear and kissing me. “I’ll never love anyone the way I love you.”

“My dad is going to kill me,” I said as I looked down at my ring. There was a knock on the door that interrupted Erik’s response. “I guess Stark finally learned how to properly use a door,” I said going to answer it.