Chapter 1 : Caught

I was sitting in a cafe waiting to meet a customer when I noticed something suspicious.

Now, to any normal person there wouldn't be anything weird about a some people in yor daily cafe.

Except, for the fact that the worker would occasionally glance at me from time to time. Now, there's nothing weird about this except for the fact that when you're in my career path you learn to be sharp.

I tapped on the table in code. I noticed that my co-worker by the fountain tensed up but I stopped her in code.

She froze and I got up walking out the door. I noticed people starting to walk closer to me as I walked onto the street.

I ducked into an alleywa before someone grabbed my arm.

Out of reflex, I grabbed the arm and twisted it behind them.

I noticed my friend's shiny necklace and let go of he arm.

"We have to get out of here,"she says to me and I nod.

I notice some feds are still here.

I pull her close to me and she automatically puts her arms around the back of my neck.

I hear a car pull up and she pushes me away and we both get in.

"What happened," Cody asks me (he was kind of like the team leader).

"I don't know. I was waiting like you told me to when I noticed some feds so I got up and walked away," I said.

Cody was tall and very muscular. That and he was the adult out of all of us. He was 30.

"When I get my hands on him. He's going to wish he was never born," Cody says.

He is very protective of us. Not only is he considered to be the leader he's also somewhat like a father figure.

That and he was Gabriella's older brother. (the girl who was on the job with me).

"Don't forget to include all the touchy stuff," Justin says and Gabi (Gabriells) slaps her hand against her forehead.

"I'm sorry, what," Cody says turning around to look at me. In that moment, I wished I wasn't born.

See, there's a strict no-dating  or anything within the sort in our group. Which especially apllied to the guys and Gabriella.

Cody was still looking directly at me and I found myself somewhat shaking under his gaze.

"Gabriella, Justin go into the living room Daniel and I will be right out after a little talk," he said snapping at them.

They zipped out of there because let's face it Cody is scarier than a thousand armed Feds.

"Cody, I swear I," I started but he held up a hand to silence me and I did.

I was looking down at my shoes but I could feel Cosy glaring at me.

"Look at me," he snapped and I quickly look at him.

"There ar rules set for a reason, you understand that don't you," he said and I nodded.

"SPEAK TO ME USING WORDS," he said and I say,"Yes, sir. I understand."

There are times when I can simply call him Cody and then there are times to use words like "sir" if I don't want to get seriously hurt.

He walked closer to me and I took a step back.

He nodded in approval before walking away a little bit.

He was leaning against his desk.

"I think I'm fair with you aren't I. I don't set curfews or anything. I let you do whatever you want. But my sister is where I draw the line. You cross that line and I make you slowly suffer," he says and I notice that I was still shaking a bit.

"What do you think," he says.

"I apologize, sir. I'll make sure to stay within my boundaries," I say and he clicks his tongue.

"That wasn't what I asked. I asked if you think I've been fair to you," he says.

"You've been more than fair, sir," I say and he walks to me putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Good answer. Now, I'll let you off with a warning this time. But if I ever hear about anything like this happening again I will take action," he says and I nod.

He sighs and I quickly correct my mistake,"Y-yes, sir."

He nods and tells me that I can go. I breathe out a sigh of relief and walk out into the kitchen.

"Are you okay," Gabi asks me and I nod.

"I'm sorry about my brother, he's just really overprotective," she says and I say,"Yeah."

"You're upset with me," she says and I say,"No. I just appreciate my head attached to my body."

She crossed her arms over her chest and I know I said the wrong thing.

"I mean, I could never be upset with you. I jsut think that we're best friends and I don't want to lose you," I say and she slowly uncrosses her arms.

"I know. It's just I feel bad that because of me you got yelled at so much," she says looking down at the floor.

I slowly put two fingers undder her chin and she looks at me.

"DANIEL," I hear a voice yell and quickly move back.

"Cody. This isn't what it looks like," Gabi says but Cody ignores her and walks up to me.

He pushes me up against the wall and I wince as my back makes sharp contact with the wall.

"I gave you clear instructions less than a minute ago and you are out here doing what," he says and I try to pull his hand away that's around my neck.

Gabi tries to pry him off me but she gets pushed away amd I fight to make sure she's okay.

Fine, yes. I like her but I thought that I could just ignore my feelings.

Cody laughs and drops me. I don't try to get up seeing as he could kill me without even blinking.

He pulls out a gun and I know he sees the fear in my eyes.

"Get up," he says and I do putting my hands up.

"Please, Cody," I say,"I'll do whatever you ask me to."

"Fine. Leave," he says and I almost stumble back.

"What," I ask and Gabi whispers,"No."

"I don't want to see your face again or I will pull the trigger," he says and I nod.

He pushes me away and I fall to the floor. "Get out of my sight," he says and I walk out of our house.

That's when I figured out that there is no one that you can trust in this world and walked away.