Chapter 6

The Goth Boy

Chapter 6:

"Where are you, you little useless child?" I heard his rough voice coming from right outside the closet door. I could see his shadow walking back and forth in front of the door. I watched carefully, shaking in my shoes.

Mom should be home any minute, why was she so late?! I was currently hiding in the coat closet from my villainous stepfather. The minute I walked through the doors he had me in a headlock. I kicked him where the sun doesn't shine, surprised I had fought back even if it was just the slightest, and well that's how I ended up in here. 

I was a gay boy trapped inside a closet, oh the irony. I played with my lip ring nervously, my breaths coming out short and ragged. He ruined my perfect day. After singing to Zoey she used her makeup to hide my black eye and then I went home. 

"Seriously why didn't she abort this thing?" He muttered to himself angrily. His words were like knives to the chest and I couldn't help the tears from springing. I was a wimp, I could never control my crying. I envied those courageous people who could control their emotions wishing that I could too. 

It was dark, the smell of laundry detergent and leather hit my nose. I was sitting on a pile of shoes, it was quite uncomfortable. 

"I'm home!" My mothers' sweet voice called from the front door. I jumped up in relief accidentally hitting my head off the bar above me. 

"Oww." I winced rubbing my pounding head. I went to open the door, but it wouldn't budge. The doorknob wasn't turning, it was locked. I was locked inside the closet from the outside. 

Of course, he found me, why else would he only have been pacing outside the closet door? I swear sometimes I just don't think.

"Mom!" I shouted through the little hole in the doors. 

"Shane? Shane where are you silly?" Her sweet voice chuckled, I heard her purse fall on the counter along with her keys. 

"I'm in the closet!" I shouted back. Wow, isn't that ironic. My legs were aching from sitting in the same position for so long.

"Why are you in the closet?" She asked curiously. The knob jiggled opening wide to my smiling blonde haired mother.  She was wearing her scrubs, her hair tied back. 

"We were playing hide and seek," John appeared out of nowhere like he always tended to do when mom asked about the strange things I did. He wrapped his arm over her shoulder giving her a quick kiss. 

I fought the urge to gag leaving the closet I had been stuck in for nearly an hour. I really just needed to move my legs. Johns' dark brown eyes were burning into mine and I coward away like usual. 

"Go clean up Shane, we're going out for dinner," She nodded at me oblivious to the tension that surrounded the hallway. I smiled ignoring his daggers, he wouldn't do anything while mom was home.

I loved going out to eat, of course it would be better if John wasn't there. We never went out to  eat, another reason why I loved it. 

I ran to my darkly lit bedroom closing the door behind me. Each time I entered my room the first thing I see are all my band posters. I needed to change my shirt, this one was sweaty. I sweat a lot, especially when I'm nervous, which is all the time. One reason why I always wore black. 

I climbed on top of the pile of black clothing I had on the floor. It's super hard to find a specific black shirt in a pile of black clothes. I finally found the shirt I was looking for, smelling it to make sure it was clean.