24. Birth of Four

Magsimula sa umpisa

When he says this unconsciously I reach for my back pocket, pulling out my first knife. He smirks, and I smirk with him. Finally, we're agreeing on something, together for the first time.

We leave their condo as I follow Dexter. He runs to the stairwell, and starts heading up, and while we do a man rushes down with a box.

He has glasses, and tucks them up his face as he cowers at the sight of Dexter. And when he sees me that has him dropping his stuff.

"What do you want? I heard about Renee and wanted to help. I could feel you and Ernest's anger and quickly grabbed my tools."

"Good. We came to get you. And have a little surprise for you if you don't save her and the pups." When he says this even I can feel the threatening tone echoing in the area. The man nods in a panic, picking up his stuff.

"Where is she?"

"Basement. She's fractured her spine and needs to have a c-section."

I am now ahead as I start running down the stairs. The worst part is if that you'd think this would be the best part of a persons life. You know, to have your kids and see their faces. But now she's so close to dying, never did I think my life would be filled with this much action. And most humans don't even get this much action, how'd I get so lucky?

When we are at the bottom of the floor I could already hear her shrieks from the top already. Once we enter the man is rushing towards her, and I see more people are down here. Including-.

"Gabby." I call, and she looks over at me as she walks over.

"This is horrible. I can't imagine how she must be feeling...and I don't think I wanna imagine it."

I see Coy holding one of her hands as blood drips up and down his finger tips. His face is blank like he's not bleeding, like her claws aren't digging into his flesh.

"Baby we are going to get our kids outta there." Ernest smiles, reassuring Renee as she snaps her teeth. The man who I'll call Doctor took out a scalpel, wiping it first with a cloth.

Doctor applied the scalpel on her skin then his wrist was yanked up by Dexter.

"I hope you aren't just planning on cutting her like she's a piece of pie. Give something so that it dulls the pain."

"We don't have time! By the time I do that you three will have already lost one child."

Once he said that I could tell realization crossed across all their faces. Renee was pale as she gridded her teeth.

"I don't give a fuck about what happens to me. Just get my kids out safely." When she said this Doctor didn't hesitate. But it looked like Dexter was gonna interfere, then I saw Coy grab him from behind. Holding him back as Dexter started cussing him out.

Then Gabby grabbed Ernest as she held him back, and I didn't want to look as their eyes were a wild red.

"Do it!" I yell, Doctor digging his scalpel in her skin as it slowly sliced up her skin. And she started screaming as he made another slice across that one.

Renee bulked, but only her head and arms were able to move as her upper body was paralyzed. I held down one of her arms as it flew around crazily, and she looked at me, tears falling down her face.

"I'm sorry..." I hear the doctor say, and then he's cutting deeper inside as his other hand starts to pull back the skin.