"What?!" Dad yelled jumping back as I took a deep breath panting slightly.

"You scared me," I said gripping my phone gently and paint brush.

"I scared you?" he said huffing and I nodded shrugging. "You scared me! You yelped and I ran to come check on you," he said leaning against the wall to catch his breath.

"Sorry, dad," I said pouting slightly and put the paintbrush behind my ear.

"It's an okay bug, just don't do that again unless you're really I'm trouble," he said walking over to me then ruffled my hair before heading out.

I mumbled to myself about him messing up my hair before turning on my phone again. There was a message from Bookie, now two minutes ago was sent. I was about to click on it when I thought about talking to mom about him first. I bit my lip, chewing on it then clicked on it. A quick hey couldn't hurt, then I would call mom.

CyberGeek: Hi *waves giggling*

I mentally groaned and facepalmed after sending that. I seem like a weirdo, an awkward weird potato. But I guess that's what I am.

After sending that I went to my contacts, barely even two names in there. I really barely had a real teenager life did I? I sighed and clicked on mom then called her. I tapped my foot gently until she picked up.

"Hey, sweetie." I heard the smile in her voice which made me smile.

"Hey mom, are you busy?" I asked walking around a bit.

"Not at all, what's going on?" she asked sounding more concern now.

"O-Oh um nothing bad...really," I said glancing around at the walls.

"Oh, well is there something you wanted to talk about?" she asked and I swallowed gently.

"Yeah....so I made a new friend....well I've made many new friends actually, I guess," I said chewing my lip gently.

"That's good sweetie." I could hear the smile was back from her voice.

"One...was on an app though," I said and the silence was thick in the air.

"Someone online?" her voice raised slightly making me wince.

"Yes, mother," I said and I guess that made her snap, maybe she thought I was getting an attitude.

"Why are you talking to people online?!" she snapped and I bit my lip hard.

To think I thought this would be easy like it was with dad. I was so wrong to think that.

"I don't know..." I mumbled.

"Oakey do what now?!" I heard another voice yell and I already could guess who it was. I mentally facepalmed and groaned.

Of all people, she lets her know.

"Oakey! You dating online?!" I heard aunt Tam yell, I guess she took the phone from mom.

I would have covered my ears with her yelling but my heart flips flopped. Before I knew it my face and neck was burning as my hands sweat slightly. My heart was being attacked.

"Dat-Dating?" I leaned against the wall as my heart stuttered with me.

"Don't get catfished now! Catfish actually sounds pretty good. Maritza!" she yelled and I now covered my ears still with slightly hot cheeks huffing.

"She is right honey." I heard a stern voice now, which I was guessing mom got back the phone. "And no catfish tonight!" her voice was slightly muffled so I guess she tried covering the phone but it still hurt my ears.