One direction, Mean Girls and Unexpected Calls

Start from the beginning

Ryder laughed as Chase continued to send him murderous glares "Oh yeah, he was a total Harry boy, he even had the life-sized cutouts of all the members, and oh! let's not forget the youtube channel he made where he covered their song! Let me show you,"

This sent Skylar into uproarious laughter. However, just as Ryder began to pull out his phone Chase lunged at him, causing the sofa to fall over and Ryder's phone skid across the floor and from the distance all three of them heard a faint but recognisable tune.

"BABY YOU LIGHT UP MY WORLD LIKE NOBODY ELSE THE WAY THAT YOU FLIP YOUR HAIR GETS ME OVERWHELMED THE WAY YOU SMILE AT THE GROUND IT AINT HARD TO TELL, YOU DONT KNOW OH OH YOU DONT KNOW YOU'RE BEAUTIFUl, OH OH" The voice was that of a prepubescent teenage boy with an extremely high pitched and out of tune voice, it was as if Jacob Sartorius and Matty B Raps both decided to sing in harmony, in other words, it was the sound you would hear as you slowly descended into hell.

It was an awkward silence as everyone registered the sound, however soon there was havoc. Skylar started to laugh so hard that her stomach hurt, at the same time the brothers both sprinted after the phone. Chase got it first and he ran into the kitchen, Ryder on his tail as he grabbed him by the back of his shirt causing him to fall. As Chase fell, he grazed the stack of plates right next to the kitchen counter and they all fell one by one as if in slow motion. Ryder pulled Chase up so that the plates didn't land on them and they all splattered to the ground in front of them.

As Skylar heard the sound she rushed into the kitchen, wanting to make sure that the boys were okay. When she walked into the kitchen she saw what could only be described as one word- a mess. There were about twenty plates scattered across the floor completely shattered. She looked at the boys and sighed before glaring at them.

5:00

After about an hour of cleaning up the plates. Ryder had headed up to his room mumbling something about how he didn't feel like third wheeling and Skylar and Ryder headed to the living room to continue the movie

12:00

Chase's legs dangled from the edge of the sofa as he felt his body succumb to sleep. His head was on Sky's lap, and her hands were running through his hair. They had found themselves tangled in that situation somewhere in between the 2-hour movie they had been watching.

Sky was pressed to the corner of the sofa since Chase had taken up most of it with his long legs pushing her back against the arm of the sofa. She ran her hands ran through his hair, pushing it back and watched it fall back onto his face gracefully. And even though Chase was nearing sleep, he found the motion calming, and it also calmed her.

The past few weeks had changed her, and she didn't know if it was a good thing or not because it surprised her that she enjoyed spending time with him- few had that privilege. But it also scared her at the same time because she knew after the Spring Break party this facade would fall away and they would inevitably carry on with their lives. Sky was not close with many people in her life, she was quite popular in school and had friends but they knew her to a superficial level. A level that adored designer clothing, expensive cars and a lust for adventure. Nothing real, nothing about her life at home, how she was feeling or how she was getting along in life. And Sky hadn't really minded that, that's the way she liked it, because she knew that somethings were meant to be kept to herself, because information can be the most powerful weapon and she did not like to be vulnerable- that was one of the few things she had learned from her parents.

She was not alone, she had Sean and the boys, and Lauren. Sean was who she went to in order to have fun, go to parties or do something new. Lauren was who she would go to in order to talk about school or boys. And the rest of the gang were people who she ate lunch and joked around with. But none of those people knew the real problems in her life, and neither did Chase but she found a sort of understanding with him, that she had not found in the other's, almost a lack of judgementalism and she loved it.

She looked at him through her dark lashes, his face all sculpted cheekbones and defined jaw. She couldn't say that he wasn't handsome because he was and he knew it too but Sky didn't need a boyfriend or someone to sleep with, she needed a friend.

He turned to face Sky subconsciously in his sleep, his breathing ruffling his dark hair. And she looked at him again and she remembered that for the longest time she hadn't thought of Jake, of that awful night that had made her bawl over and over again until she had no tears and even then hurt the insides of her soul. And as she looked at him and thought of that night, she didn't feel the same pain she had felt before, it was still there but it was not as harsh, more of a dull stab that she never thought would truly ever leave.

Her heart fluttered as he moved again and wrapped his arms around her waist and pulling his body against her. Her hand was on his chest and she could feel his steady heartbeat through his hoodie. A yawn escaped her lips as she leant on the arm of the sofa and slowly succumbed to the sleep that was overpowering her body.

12:04 A.M.

Sky's phone rang, waking her from her sleep causing her to swear profusely and she tried to look for it in the darkness of the room, with a weight on top of her. When she finally found it she looked at the numbers, not quite able to make them out as her eyes were heavy from sleep. She answered.

"Hello?" She said, her voice sore

"Skylar." The voice was crisp and cold, and resounding through to every bone in her body as she was suddenly awake.

She recognised the voice,

She recognised its familiarity

but most of all, she recognised it's coldness,

a coldness that only one person in her life possessed,

Her father.

----------------------------------------------------

I KNOW THAT THIS WAS MOSTLY A FILLER CHAPTER TO SET UP FOR THE  M E S S  THAT IS THE NEXT CHAPTER!!! I KNOW THAT THIS CHAPTER DOES NOT FLOW VERY WELL I WILL CHANGE THAT LATER DONT WORRY AND THE PEOPLE WHO WERE ASKING CHASE HAS BLACK HAIR AND BLUE ...

I KNOW THAT THIS WAS MOSTLY A FILLER CHAPTER TO SET UP FOR THE M E S S THAT IS THE NEXT CHAPTER!!! I KNOW THAT THIS CHAPTER DOES NOT FLOW VERY WELL I WILL CHANGE THAT LATER DONT WORRY AND THE PEOPLE WHO WERE ASKING CHASE HAS BLACK HAIR AND BLUE EYES AND SKY IS 5'6. SORRY FOR THE MIX UP AGAIN THAT WILL BE FIXED WITH EDITING BUT THANK YOU ALL FOR READING I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! AND WE WENT FROM #432 ON HUMOR TO #200 I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!! AND OFCOURSE AS ALWAYS DON'T FORGET TO LIKE VOTE AND cOMMENT!!! LOVE YOU ALL!!!!