Chapter 7

On that night, it was Gara who could not sleep this time. Her conversation with Andrew keeps on going back in her mind. The opportunity to study abroad does not come to everyone and Andrew is one of those fortunate to have such opportunity. She felt that Andrew is having a hard time deciding. She knows that he wants to at least make-up with his Dad for his being too complacent in his studies especially during college. He wanted to show his Dad that he deserves to take over the company.

"How long will you be away" she remember asking him

"Two years" Gara vividly remember Andrew's reply

"Bakit ang tagal?" she said before getting dumbfounded for awhile

"Two years yung MBA" Andrew replied "Will you ask me to stay?" he eventually said.

Gara got shock in what has said "I won't do that" she quickly stated

"So you want me to go" Andrew said.

"Yes!" Gara replied

"Ok, that's all I want to know" he sadly uttered and Gara sees sadness in Andrew.

"Love, bihira lang naman ang mga taong nabibigyan ng ganitong opportunity. You are one of those who are blessed to have this kind of chance. Para sa yo din naman ito, your Dad wants the best for you. Do not let this chance to slips from you. The fact that Tito Edward consider this for you, it means bumalik na yung tiwala nya sa yo" she further explained.

"I understand" Andrew said then he hugs her "Kausapin ko na lang si Daddy tomorrow morning"

"Don't worry about me. I'll be fine" she said then he cupped her cheeks and gave her a kiss.

Deep inside Gara, she wants to say otherwise. She wants to tell him to just stay, but she does not want to be that selfish. She likes to give Andrew all the support the she could give even if, a part of her is already hurting. She is used to having Andrew around, for more than two years of being together most of their time were spent with each other. It was only when their intership started that a lot of things have changed. Telling him to go breaks her heart but she has to show Andrew that she is strong enough and could take care of herself. Just the thought of Andrew leaving, it already makes her miss him a lot. She knows that it will not be easy for her without him. Her only prayer is for God to give her strength to endure those days that they will be away from each other.

On the other hand, Andrew could not sleep as well that night. He desires to show his Dad that he is capable of handling big responsibilities such as managing their family business but this will not happen if he just sits and wait. He has to learn more and studying outside the country will be a great help to achieve what he wants. But he does not want to leave Gara. He promises her that he will always be with her and for her.  And he does not want to break that promise.

Deciding gave him sleepless nights because he does not want to leave her, but his girl feels otherwise. Andrew was sulking because he was hurt when he learned that Gara will not even ask him to stay. He understands her point that he is fortunate to have this kind of opporturnity and she only wants what is best for him. But he can't control himself from getting upset because it seems that it is easy for her to just let him go.

The next couple of days, Andrew's mood have never been the same. He easily gets irritated even if the situation is not even irritating at all.

"You told me that you will be free for lunch today" he irritably told Gara over the phone.

"I'm sorry, hindi ko naman alam na absent ngayon si Shelly so I need to rush my design because Anton will be checking this instead of Shelly's. Next time na lang Love, I really need to finish this." Gara explained.

"So magpapakagutom ka para lang sa design na yan?" Andrew asked

"I already ask Lance to grab some chicken sandwich for me. Do you want some? I can call Lance to buy some for you" Gara suggested

"Nevermind, bahala na lang ako sa sarili ko" Andrew replied and Gara felt his disappointment

"Sorry na talaga love, pabilhan na lang kita kay Lance ha" Gara said

"Don't bother. And thank you for the concern. You know that this lunch date was set four hours ago and since you could not go, you could have asked Lance to buy sandwiches for us instead of just for you alone. It's alright Love. I understand, maybe stress ka lang sa work kaya nakalimutan mo ako" Andrew said

"Andrew, wag naman ganyan" Gara said

"I have to hang up now, I still need to have my lunch all alone by myself" Andrew said and hangs up the phone

Gara felt so guilty about her cancelled lunch date with Andrew, she admitted to herself that it was her to blame on Andrew's disappointment, she can't believe that she really forgot to at least think of grabing some food for them instead of for her alone.

She is so worried about Andrew. The last thing she wants is for Andrew to be disappointed in her. Now she could no longer concentrate on her work. She is thinking of how she could make it up to him. She could not afford to have a another misunderstanding with him now that the possibility of him going abroad is getting bigger. As much as possible she wants to make the most of the time that they still have together.

Though very disappointed Andrew still decided to have a quick lunch at the canteen. There he saw Lance with some of their apprentice.

"Lance" he called

"Andrew, kamusta?" Lance replied

"Ayos lang, pareho nyo sobrang busy dahil sa dami ng projects natin" Andrew said

"Oo nga eh, si Gara nga nandun, subsob sa trabaho. Binigyan kasi kami ng deadline ni Anton nagkataon naman na nag sick leave si Shelly. Nagpapabili na nga lang ng lunch nya" Lance said

"I know, sinabi nga nya sa akin. Don't bother Lance, ako na lang ang bibili ng food namin. Sasabayan ko na lang syang mag-lunch para sigurado akong kakain sya. Alam mo naman yun, kahit nagpapabili ng food, madalas hindi pa rin nakakain" Andrew explained

"I agree, and thank you Andrew. Matatagalan pa rin kasi akong makakabalik sa station namin eh, baka magutom na si Gara" Lance said

"Sige ako na lang ang bahala. Salamat ulit Lance" Andrew said

After buying a decent food for lunch, Andrew proceeds to Gara's station. A few meters away, he already saw how Gara concentrates on working on her design. All his disappointments flew in the air upon seeing her working so hard. He realized that he should have not thrown some tantrums on her. He also experiences some pressure with Tito Robert and Gara remains understanding whenever it was him who cancels their dates.

Gara is too engrossed in her work so she did feel Andrew's presence.

"I hope I did not make you upset earlier. Eto po, chicken sandwich ang carbonara, peace offering ko.  I should have not thrown tantrums on you kanina" Andrew said while putting the food on Gara's desk. Gara was so surprised seeing Andrew. She quickly runs to him for a hug

"I was the one who made you upset. I'm sorry Love. I was so insensitive" Gara apologized

"Mahirap palang kumain mag-isa, lalo na kung yung dapat kasabay ko nakasubsob pa rin sa trabaho. I'm sorry too Love. I too, was insensitive for not understanding" Andrew said.

"I love you Andrew Garcia" Gara said

"I love you more Graciana Molinao" Andrew replied

***************
Andrew and Gara undoubtedly love each other. But would this love be enough for them to grow not only as a couple but as an individual as well? 🤔🤔🤔

Sabaw update because of some personal errands. Chori pow ✌

Thanks you pa rin po sa reads and votes 😊