18. I'm Talking ~Hailey~ Part 1

Start from the beginning

I can't believe I talked to Sam, my former bully, about some of my secrets. And he told me his. Just then the bell rang and I went to my next class.

~*~

"Yes Roy, I understand but please hear me out." He looked down at his papers. It's the same guy that was at my house two years ago. Officer Johnson, I think. "I really need your help."

After school, I went to the police station. I couldn't let it slip any longer, I needed to confess. "I understand Hailey, I'll do anything I can to help you. Good day." He stood up and left his office.

I told him everything about my brother.

We also talked a little about what happened two years ago. He said that they still didn't find the person responsible for my parent's death. He said that he gave up searching.

I don't blame him, there isn't enough evidence.

I've been doing research on my own when I was in Nashville. I googled a lot of stuff. I searched for criminals in this area and some accidents which were similar to this one. I did everything I could. I didn't give up. I didn't lose my hope.

I did feel hopeless, but I didn't lose it.

Why would my brother chase Miles away? I've thought about it before. Miles did stand up for me, but why did Ben do what he did?

Miles is definitely on my suspicions list. There are also co-workers from my parents. Enemies from work. There are family members too, like my uncle who never came along with them. He once threatened to kill my dad, but my mom said that it was just a joke. Who knows?

The other thing I've been thinking about is why they got killed. Who would want to kill them and why?

Maybe they saw or know something they shouldn't have? It can't just be an accident, can it?

I walked home, feeling kind of disappointed. I really thought that the police would have some information or clues about it, but they didn't. I took out a jar of ice-cream with Mason's box of chocolates, that he gave to me earlier, and switch the TV on.

Like I said, who needs anyone when you have food?

There wasn't really anything to watch. Just then the doorbell rang and I stood up. I open the door, "Hi," he said with his head hung low. "I'm here to check up on you."

"Hey Miles." I haven't talked to him since the fight we had. "How are you doing?"

"I was going to ask you the same, but I'm okay. I just miss my best friend." I smile.

"Me too."

"Look Hay, I'm really sorry. I didn't think that day. I was stupid, I still am. You don't call me an idiot for nothing," I giggled. "It's just something that was hard to handle for me and I took it out on you. I shouldn't have done it, but I'm sorry. I really hope that you would forgive me-"

"Hey, I already forgave you, I just waited for you to say something."

"Thanks, Hay there's something you need to know about your brother."

"I know, he's mad in the head," I twirl my finger like a crazy person. "I'm sorry that Ben destroyed our friendship." He gave me a hug and I hug him back.

"I gotta go, I just wanted to know how you're doing." He waved.

"Bye idiot." He smiled before he turns on his heels and walks away. I'm actually relieved that we made up because I couldn't take it anymore. He's my best friend, everything reminds me of him.

Everything went well today.

Miles and I made up.

My brother's gone.

I got a date.

Perfect.

Okay, this may sound stupid, but I'm nervous for Friday. Yes, I've been on dates before. But this is with someone I think I might like in that way.

When I stayed in Nashville, my friend, Simoné, did put me on a lot of blind dates. Once she paired me up with this guy and we dated until he had to move, because of family problems.

I'm still new in the dating department, but luckily I have a little experience.

I don't know what's going on between me and Sam, but we're friends. And that's all that matters. Friends. How ironic is it that I have boys for friends? Well, I do have Sky and Simoné, but then I also have Miles, Mason, and Sam. And of course the others from Nashville.

I want to stay away from them, but sometimes having boys for friends is less drama. But I disagree a little, you know what I mean.

I'm happy for now, and that's all that matters.

To be happy.

~*~

Hey guys!

Remember: be happy :)

Peace

-V