18. I'm Talking ~Hailey~ Part 1

Beginne am Anfang

"Yeah, I'm really feeling better." She smiled and went to her locker. Mason came walking to me and smiled holding a tiny box out to me. "Hey?" I said.

"Hey, I thought that you might need this." I thanked him and took the box. "It's just a little something to make you feel better." I smiled. "So, I was wondering if you're busy Friday night?" I gulped. Is he asking me out on a date?

"Uhm- I uh," I'll have to cancel my babysitting for this. "You mean a date?"

"It depends." My cheeks burned red. "Of course it's a date, so do you Hailey West want to go on a date with me?" Sam walked down the hall and starts flirting with some girls. And may I add that one kissed him.

"Yes, yes I would love to go on a date with you." He smiled and handed me a red rose which I haven't even noticed.

"I'll pick you up." He turned his heels. I saw Sam walking towards me and shoved everything Mason gave to me in my locker and closed it.

"Hey Hailey," Sam said smirking.

"Hey," I said.

"So about our project, I saw that it was due next week and I th-"

"I already finished it, I'll make sure to hand it in." I rushed out, locking my locker. He studied me before I walked away.

"Wait up!"

"I thought you wouldn't be at school today."

"I'm tough," I rolled my eyes. "Actually I would say the same for you."

"I'm fine." He shook his head.

"No, you're not. Neither am I, so let's talk. I know you need someone to talk to." He grabbed my arm. "Come on."

"Hey, I have class."

"It's only Gym, you can skip. I'll make an excuse for you." I thought for a moment then nodded. He took my hand and we ran down the hall into the library. I wouldn't say that it's the perfect place to talk, because it isn't.

We took a seat in the back of the room. "So, let's talk," I said.

"Tell me what happened yesterday." I shook my head. "Fine, I'll go first. My dad is getting remarried, my mom had a second marriage and ended up with JB and now she's an alcoholic. There."

"My brother has a problem."

"What do you mean?" Let it out Hailey.

"I always knew there was something wrong with my brother, but I wasn't 100% sure. My brother is sick in his head. When my parents died, he changed. I mean like really changed, he... he has a secret and I don't know what it is."

"We're doing good. I bullied you because I was being bullied by my mom's ex's husband. I was like a slave to him. He had broken almost all the bones in my body. He used me for everything, I guessed I couldn't take it anymore and I trained myself." Wow.

"When I was in Nashville, I tried to be someone else. I tried to change, like forget that I'm that fat girl you bullied. I really tried to get over what happened here."

"I still feel guilty about it."

"Don't. I'm over it." Hopefully. "I understand now. Why didn't you tell me?" He shook his head.

"I couldn't."

"Sam there's som-"

"What are you kids doing here? You're supposed to be in class! Out now!" The librarian said, well screamed. We stood up and ran out of the library.

"That was fun." He said.

"Yeah, I guess I needed that talk."

"So I've been meaning to tell you, that-" something caught his eye. "I'll see you later when you're babysitting, yeah?" I nod and he jogged off.