Large Pepperoni

Comincia dall'inizio

"In the back ... but you really don't need to go out of your way. I dont want you to go to all that trouble."

"No trouble at all Jenny. I'm bored anyway."

Opening the back I found the jack and the lug nut wrench attached to the side.

"I really appreciate this Mr. Stone I've never had to change one before."

"Nothing to it. I'll explain what I'm doing as I do it."

"OK. Just let me know how I can help."

"Sure! So first let's chock your tire. Look for something to keep your vehicle from rolling back."

"Like what?"

Seeing a layer of bricks bordering yard I suggested,"We could use one of those bricks! Just lay it tight against the back of the rear wheel."

"So do you work for Domino's full time?"

"No part-time. I'm a student and this helps with the bills and expenses." She said as she placed the brick against the tire and kicked it in tighter.

"Are you some kind of businessman?"

"Not exactly. Just doing some research on missing persons in this area."

"Really? Is it for a documentary or something?"

"Um... not exactly. Let's just say I'm trying to find out how to prevent future disappearances. Since I'm not real familiar with the youth culture here I'm here to investigate."

"Maybe I can help?" She suggested.

Prying the hubcap off I laid it on the ground nearby.

"OK Maybe you could. Can you tell me why a young woman about your age would suddenly disappear? And how that might happen. Just hypothetically."

" That's easy. They're depressed."

"And what would cause such depression."

"Usually there's a guy involved."

"So a broken heart? Not drugs or failing grades?"

"No most girls my age kind of get through that but when a guy breaks your heart that's the serious stuff."

"I see. Sounds like your speaking from experience?"

"Well to be honest, yes. Going through it right now."

"Sorry to hear that."

Loosening the lug-nuts I began to explain- "
So you want to loosen these first. Then take them off and I usually use the hubcap to hold them all."

"That's a good idea."

"Then you find a good spot to place the jack. So that it doesn't hit anything fragile. Then we crank it up a few inches like so." I said as it slowly lifted the tire a little off the ground.

"Seems easy enough."

Pulling the tire off I had her bring the spare.