Chapter Five

Chapter Five

As I continued to listen I found myself sitting down on the top step of the landing trying to process what both Aggie and the unknown woman had just said. 

A mate?   

What in the hell did they mean by that and why was my name being tossed into the mix as the mate of this woman. Not to mention I could feel my irritation level increasing with all of this.    As calm as I wanted to remain I really wanted to scream with frustration.    Every time I turned around I was being enlightened with a new revelation but not one fucking answer was being given to me.  I sat there breathing heavy and counting to ten to try to calm myself before I stormed down there and started kicking shit in.  I cannot remember ever getting this mad and usually reserved my outburst to the professional level inside a courtroom, but I felt sure I was owed this one time to let it all hang out and explode.  

If you thought about it the last 24 hours had been pure hell with the small fact that all my questions were still questions.    As if I need to add one more thing to that mental list I could now throw a mysterious woman claiming to be my mate in the mix. I chuckled to myself darkly, soul mates my ass, that crap was what fairy tales and romantic novels were made of.    I wanted what every other person wanted, to find the love of their life and to live happily ever after but this nonsense was beyond ridiculous.   

I stood up making up my mind that I was going to barge down there and get my answers and find out who the woman that Aggie was talking to that had such a pull on my body.  I started my descent down the stairs when I stopped in mid step as I heard Aggie crossly say the name of the one woman that I was entirely intrigued by, Emory.   Emory the mysterious woman that had captured my curiosity and left me in a state of confusion was here right now and she was claiming to be my mate.   This just became interesting and now I knew no matter how much it killed me I was going to wait right here on these stairs and hear this out for a moment longer.

"You should not be here yet Emory, it's too soon" I heard Aggie tell her sternly.  

"Aggie, I cannot stay away, my soul is yearning for him", Emory replied to her with a voice full of sadness and pain. 

I could hear and feel the frustration in Aggie's voice, it was clear she was not prepared for Emory's visit.

"He is not ready, we have to be careful when we tell him everything.   If we tell him all at once it could cause the transition to overload his body" Aggie cautioned.  

"He deserves to know everything Aggie, and all of you are wrong for keeping it from him" Emory said through gritted teeth.

It was clear that Emory knew what was going on and she was upset about it.   

"If you had never gone to see Ian than none of this would be happening right now, so it's your fault" Aggie replied coldly.   

"No, it's his family's fault.    This is his destiny, he deserves to the right to decide if he wants it or not." Emory yelled. 

I found myself cringing at the force and power that I could feel just through her words alone.    More than anything her words sent a wave of emotions throughout my body forcing me to lean my head against the wall for support. I began to rub my temples as the dull aching returned in my head and began to pound around my brain forcing me to wince in pain.    As painful as it was I turned my head back towards the kitchen area to continue listening to the conversation unfold.    I could still feel Emory's pain deep in my chest and the anger as she carried on her tirade with Aggie. 

"I will not be denied either, I have been a victim to this crap for too long and I want him as my mate.  But more than anything I want him to choose what he wants and not have his choices decided for him.    There is no longer a threat, they should have returned years ago" Emory spat venomously.