Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

My palms were sweaty and I was certain I was close to hyperventilating as I watched Emory glide across the room towards the door. How would all of this go once they knew that I knew what and who we were. Would they be apologetic, remorseful or would they even care? I could not believe that they would not want to embrace who they were or more importantly who we all were. I wasn't even sure I could come to terms with all that they had kept from me or my family. Could I even forgive them or Ian for completely allowing each of us including them to live a lie? We always knew something was not quite right but we never told our parents that we felt different; like something was missing. We always thought it was because we moved to America at such an early age but for the parts of my family that never knew anything but American to feel the same missing link spoke volumes. Sighing loudly, I looked up to see those stormy gray eyes staring back at me brimming with concern.

"We can wait until you are ready" Emory said quietly.

"No, I am ready to get it over with and move on" I told her never letting our eyes loose contact.

Watching her watch me was enchanting and made me feel like I could not live without her. Reaching out towards her I strode to her and pulled her into my arms, burying my nose into her hair. Sighing I felt myself calm as I took in her sent of fresh flowers which seemed to relax me to my core. I felt her shift in my arms to look up at me and smile as I smiled back at her. Thinking about everything she risked to find me, bring me home and turn me back into a vampire made me appreciate her even more. For everything she did made me feel such a gratefulness that I didn't ever think I could repay. She was my mate, the person I longed for but had not realized what I was missing but knew there was a void so deep that it effected every one of my past relationships. This was like coming home and no one was going to take this away from me.

Running my arms down to her hips and pulling her even closer I bent down and whispered "Thank you" in her ear. Seeing a look of confusion in her beautiful stormy grey eyes I knew she didn't expect a thank you from me.

"Thank you for never giving up on finding me and never giving up hope that I would be yours" I said softly never looking away from her eyes.

A look of relief passed over her face as she beamed up at me.

"I could not have if I wanted to, the heart wants what the heart wants. Now that I have you I am not letting you go mate" she said playfully.

"On a serious note you are what I always felt was missing but could never figure it out because I knew nothing of my vampire side. It totally makes sense now" I told her.

"Yea it does but unfortunately we will have to put us getting to really know each other until we clear up this other matter" she said sadly.

"No, we will make time no matter what to work on us while we fix this other problem. I have to learn about my vampire heritage, rule a kingdom, fix the rest of my family and kill my uncle" I said matter of factly.

"We will fix it all including your uncle but first let's hear your parents side before you go off killing Ian, even if he deserves it" she replied to me.

Pulling her back into me I began to place feathery kisses down her jaw line until my lips found hers. Hearing her moan as she moved closer into me I deepened the kiss, tongues battling each other for dominancy. I could feel both of us struggling to control our growing need for each other and being here right now was fanning flames that wanted to ignite into a raging fire. A sudden knock and the turning of the knob on the door startled us back to reality causing us both to jump back and gasp for air.