IMAGINE: Luke helping you

| IMAGINE for @19fischerss |

     "All right, everyone, let's take it from the top!" The director exclaims. You let out a breath and push yourself up from the chair you're sitting in.

    "You okay?" Luke Evans, your co-star, asks. You look at him. His eyebrows are furrowed and he's peering at you worriedly. You offer him a smile, one you don't really feel.

     "Yeah, I'm fine." You sigh.

     He lightly touches your arm. "Are you sure? Do you need a rest?"

     "No, no, Luke, really, I'm good."

     "Maybe we should hold off filming until you feel good—until your heart rate gets back to normal."

     "Luke, I'm fine!" You laugh. You gently nudge him. "Don't worry about me." You say. You have congenital heart disease. You have two holes in your heart. Sometimes when you get your heart racing, it's very difficult for you to breathe. Today Luke and you are filming an action packed running scene for your latest movie. This is the third take and you're already feeling weak. You don't want to be a bother so you refuse to tell anyone how you're really feeling—even Luke.

     "Okay, okay." Luke huffs. Both of you walk onto the set. The set is based in downtown New York City. Police have cornered off the streets for today. It looks like a war tarn part of the city, thanks to the creative crew.

      "All right. Luke and Y/N, you're running from masked men who're trying to rob you and leave you for dead." The director explains. Six men stand behind the cameras, getting ready to chase Luke and you. Luke grabs your hand and smiles at you. You genuinely smile back.

     "Ready on the set. And...action!" The director exclaims.

     Luke and you take off running, the six men close behind you. Luke picks up the pace and you match it, your legs pumping hard beneath you. Your heart stumbles over a few beats and then pounds triple time. You focus on running and not at the panic that's wanting to overtake you. Your breath is coming out in short, little, raspy gasps. Luke glances back at you worriedly. You're finding it harder to inhale. You choke on a gasp and then your legs give out underneath you. You let go of Luke's hand and stumble painfully onto the asphalt.

     "Y/N!" Luke screams as you roll across the ground, little stones pelting you. He skids to a stop and turns around. He starts running towards you. You're on your back, staring at the cloudless blue sky. You're gasping for breath, your heart threatening to rip out of your chest.

     "Y/N." Luke breathes, falling to his knees beside you.

     "Luke." You rasp, your eyes wide. People start crowding around you.

     "Are you okay?" Luke asks worriedly, putting his hand on your stomach.

     "What's going on? What's happened?" The director asks. You can't answer either of them, the breath literally stolen from you.

      Luke pulls you into his arms. "Breathe, Y/N. Breathe." He soothes gently. "In and out. In and out." He coaches. You do as he says. "Deep breaths. That's it, there we go." He murmurs, nodding at you. After a few minutes, your heart beats normally. You sink against Luke, utterly exhausted.

     "What just happened?" The director asks in confusion.

     Luke holds you tightly and looks up at him. "Y/N has a heart condition. She can't over exert herself or this happens." He says, gesturing his head to you.

      "How come she didn't tell us?!" The director questions incredulously. Luke looks at you for an answer.

     "I-I didn't want to be a bother. I knew today was the only day we could film this scene here so I just went with it. No matter the costs." You whisper.

     "No matter the costs? Y/N, you could have died." Luke whispers, his voice catching.

      You stare up at him and nod. "I know. I'm sorry." You sigh.

     "Okay, everyone, that's it for today. We can make one of these takes work." The director announces.

     "Wait, no, I can do—" You start to say.

     "No. You're done for the day, Y/N. You need to go back to your trailer and rest. That's an order." He states.

     "I'll take her." Luke says, standing, with you still in his arms.

     "Luke, I'm pretty sure I can walk." You state, rolling your eyes.

     "I'm sure you can. But you just gave us all a scare and I'm not letting you get your heart rate up again. Do you understand?" He asks, walking off the set.

     "Yes, mom." You huff. Luke glares at you, but you can see the smile on his lips. You kiss his cheek. "Thank you, Luke. I really appreciate you." You whisper.

     He fully smiles. "I appreciate you too, Y/N." He murmurs.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!