I need to stop thinking about him... I'm beginning to tear up, again...

Eventually, I made it to the grocery store. I looked up at the small building, trying to remember any fond memories, with Travis here. Something that could make me smile... To burn away the tears that are beginning to resurface...

Fond...memories...

Then, I remembered something sort of special about this place... As funny enough as it is to say; this is where we shared our first kiss... Granted, we were five, barely knew each other, and it wasn't technically our first kiss, but still... I remember it almost vividly, however.

I was strolling behind my mother, and my older brother- Garroth. My mom held our little brother Vylad in her arms. So, she was busy caring for his crying, and at the same time, searching for something on the shelves.

Garroth was wandering in the same aisle, swinging around a foam sword he found somewhere (I honestly have no clue how the Hell he found it in a store for food), and giggling to himself. And me, being the disobedient little five year I was at the time, wandered away, trying to find some form of amusement.

I eventually found myself in the freezer section of the store, staring in awe at the frozen sweets, like the ice cream cakes. That was, until a force had hit me from the back. I was on all fours, on the store's floor. I rubbed my head, after having hit it against one of the freezer doors.

"Ouch! What de heck?!" I cried, readjusting myself. "Who did dat?!"

"Ahh, I'm sowwy!" Someone behind me cried back. "I didn't swee you der!"

I growled under my breath, turning myself around. There, I stared at a little boy, my age, sitting on the ground behind me. He looked familiar, and that hit me instantly.

"Hey, you're da butt from my Kindergarten class!" I yelled at him, pointing my finger, from some reason.

The boy stupidly smiled, giggling. "I'm Twavis. You are Zan, wight?"

"It's Zane," I huffed, crossing my arms. "And I didin' ask for your name!"

Travis wasn't seeming to listen to a thing I was saying, as he stared directly at my forehead. He leaned closer to me, pointing at my forehead. "You gots a boo-boo."

At that moment, it had just settled in, that I had bumped my head against something. That caused me to softly begin to cry. Travis frowned, holding the sides of my head. Then, he placed a soft kiss where I had gotten hurt.

My first instinct, was to gently shove him off of me. "Why'd you kisses me?!"

"'Cause you hads a boo-boo. Dats what my mommy does, when I gets a boo-boo," Travis gave me a small smile, showing off his teeth, to reveal he was missing two or three. "Awe you bettah now?"

"Uh...maybe?" I tried looking up at my forehead, to obviously no avail. I wiped away my tears, looking away from Travis. For some reason, it didn't hurt that much anymore. "Thanks you, I guess..."

"Okie! Buh-bye!" Travis giggled, jumping to his feet. He scurried off, giving me a few big waves before he did. I helped myself to my feet, rubbing my forehead lightly.

"Zuzu, honey, there you are!" My mom appeared around the same corner, that Travis had disappeared down, "my Irene, you almost gave me a heart attack!"

"Sorry mom...I just...ran into someone," I muttered under my breath, looking up slightly. I found myself in that same frozen aisle, from all those years ago. How the Hell did I even end up here?

I shrugged it off, and just continued shopping. I didn't get much. I didn't have too much money on me. I just got enough for dinner tonight, and a bit of extra snacks for following days. Speaking of dinner, I didn't realize how late it really was...

After paying for everything, I began my walk back home. The sun had set not too long ago. How did I not even realize that? I guess, it's just easy to loose track of time. Maybe, I should've just went home after all.

I strolled past Gene's house, keeping a careful eye out for him. I never trusted him. He's dangerous. I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled a gun on me. Just goes to show, how insane that dick is.

Eventually, I made it back to my home safely. Shutting the door, I set my groceries down in the kitchen. All of my lights were still off, giving off this strange ambience. Right as I was about to flick the light on in the kitchen, to begin making dinner, I heard it clearly.

Shuffling.

Now, I don't any pets, so I couldn't use the excuse, 'probably just the cat'. No... I could sense it. Someone was moving around inside my home. In the living room. And, I'm pretty damn sure I know who it is.

"I swear to fucking Irene, Gene. I'm going to kick your ass," I whispered to myself.

Because my paranoia calls for me to grab some form of protection here, I am taking a weapon with me. To my right, I have the knives. All different sizes, easily accessible. To my left, in a locked cabinet, but still with easy access for me, I have my firearms. A gun is pretty damn good protection, if I do say so myself. Though, I'm not the best shot. But, even missing is enough to send a good scare, as long as you act as though it were on purpose. Besides, Gene's a decently sized target...

So, what should I grab?

---

VOTE:

A.) Knife

B.) Gun

---

Voting: Closed

~Every Action Has It's Consequences. Choose Wisely~

~~~

*ART AT THE TOP, WAS DRAWN BY DatNexoKitty ! THANK YOU SO MUCH! 💜💜 *

REMINDER: If you want to make art for this story, please do send it! Even if you don't believe you're talented, I do! I get very giddy, whenever I see anyone has made anything for me. It warms my heart. So, if you make art of anything in this story, post in a chapter, of any of your books, if you want to, and tag me! I would love to see your creations. You don't have to if you aren't comfortable or just don't want to. Or, even if you want to make something, but not have it featured, that's alright!

Thank you for your time. 💜